4 days ago · Cover songs were included on five of the band's core albums: Please Please Me, With the Beatles ...
- Tom Eames
- When I'm Sixty-Four. Although this little ditty from Sgt Pepper is about ageing with your lover, this was actually one of Paul McCartney's first ever songs, written when he was just 14.
- With a Little Help from My Friends. This was written by Lennon and McCartney for the Sgt Pepper and given to Ringo Starr to sing. It's a rare example of how a cover version became arguably more well known than the original, when Joe Cocker scored a massive number one hit in 1968.
- Magical Mystery Tour. This was released on the band's Magical Mystery Tour soundtrack album, which was a double EP in Britain but an album in America. Read more: The inside story of why The Beatles really broke up.
- Yellow Submarine. A children's song written by Lennon and McCartney for Revolver, this catchy tune was sung by Ringo Starr. It later inspired the 1968 animated movie of the same name, and was paired as a Double-A side with 'Eleanor Rigby', showing the band's variety of output.
Nov 19, 2021 · From ‘I Am The Walrus’ to ‘Eleanor Rigby’, we whittle down the very best Beatles songs to a fab fifty hits. This list is bigger than Jesus Go to the content Go to the footer
- "All You Need Is Love" — released as a non-album single in July 1967. No matter how many times you hear it, a list of love songs simply isn't complete without this splendid song (and reminder).
- "Sexy Sadie" — from The Beatles (aka The White Album), 1969. For the woman who can make any man swoon. Men love what she's about, and they will sell everything they own (literally) just to sit next to her.
- "If I Fell" — from A Hard Day's Night, 1964. We all know how hard it is to fall in love. Some of us have a guard up and some of us have been burned in the past.
- "I Want To Hold Your Hand" — released as a non-album single in 1963. Don't roll your eyes just yet. Holding hands is a simple, intimate gesture that easily expresses love, and sometimes we forget it.
People also ask
What was the Beatles most famous song?
What is the Beatles' best song?
What was the best selling Beatles song?
What were the Beatles ' greatest hits?
5 days ago · From 1968, in both the UK and the US, starting with the single "Hey Jude" and the album The Beatles (better known as "the White Album"), new releases appeared on the Beatles' own Apple record label, although Parlophone and Capitol catalogue numbers continued to be used for contractual reasons.
- 13 (core catalogue), 21 (worldwide)
Nov 23, 2021 · I just count my blessings, and I’m just grateful.”. “Blinding Lights” succeeds Chubby Checker ‘s classic “The Twist” as the Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Songs’ No. 1 hit, with the ...