Jun 06, 2014 · Directed by Josh Boone. With Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff, Laura Dern. Two teenage cancer patients begin a life-affirming journey to visit a reclusive author in Amsterdam.
- Josh Boone
- 3 min
The Fault in Our Stars is a novel by John Green.It is his fourth solo novel, and sixth novel overall. It was published on January 10, 2012. The title is inspired by Act 1, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, in which the nobleman Cassius says to Brutus: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
Amazon Best Books of the Month, January 2012: In The Fault in Our Stars, John Green has created a soulful novel that tackles big subjects--life, death, love--with the perfect blend of levity and heart-swelling emotion. Hazel is sixteen, with terminal cancer, when she meets Augustus at her kids-with-cancer support group.
- John Green, Ingrid Dwijani Nimpoeno
- Dutton Books for Young Readers
People also ask
What is so good about "the fault in Our Stars"?
How did 'the fault in Our Stars' get its name?
What is the purpose of the fault in Our Stars?
Who dies in fault in Our Stars book?
The Fault in Our Stars had its world premiere at Seattle International Film Festival on May 16, 2014, and was released in the United States on June 6, 2014, by 20th Century Fox. The film received generally positive reviews from critics, with praise given to Woodley's and Elgort's performances and chemistry together, as well as the screenplay.
The Fault in Our Stars Hazel (Shailene Woodley) and Gus (Ansel Elgort) share a sarcastic wit, a disdain for the ordinary, and a love that sweeps them on an unforgettable journey. Although the teens face challenges, they learn that while life isn’t perfect, love is extraordinary.
John Green is the award-winning, #1 bestselling author of books including Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, and Turtles All the Way Down.. His books have received many accolades, including a Printz Medal, a Printz Honor, and an Edgar Award.
- Penguin Books
The Fault in Our Stars Questions and Answers. The Question and Answer section for The Fault in Our Stars is a great resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss the novel.
- Hazel Grace Lancaster. The novel’s narrator and protagonist, Hazel is a 16-year-old girl living with a terminal form of thyroid cancer that has spread to her lungs.
- Augustus Waters. Hazel’s boyfriend, Augustus is a seventeen-year-old who has lost his leg due to a form of bone cancer called, osteosarcoma. August falls for Hazel immediately, and is drawn to her after she comments in support… read analysis of Augustus Waters.
- Isaac. is Hazel and Augustus’ mutual friend. A rare form of eye cancer blinds Isaac, and his situation leads him to cynicism and anger. After being blinded, his girlfriend, Monica, leaves him, which is… read analysis of Isaac.
- Mrs. Lancaster. Hazel’s mother, Mrs. Lancaster is dedicated and loving. She exerts most of her energy caring for Hazel and learning everything she can about Hazel’s cancer.