- The Magilla Gorilla Show is an animated television series starring Magilla Gorilla. The series was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions for Screen Gems, and was originally sponsored in syndication by Ideal Toys from 1964 through 1966. The show had other recurring characters, including Punkin' Puss & Mushmouse, and Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long. In syndication, the main and supporting characters from the Peter Potamus show were also added.
People also ask
Who is Magilla Gorilla?
What is a gorilla Gorilla?
What did magilla gorilla wear?
When did the magilla gorilla show come out?
With Allan Melvin, Don Messick, Howard Morris, Jean Vander Pyl. Magilla Gorilla is a gorilla who spends his time languishing in the front display window of Melvin Peebles' pet shop, eating bananas and being a drain on the businessman's finances.
- 2 min
- Home Release
Magilla Gorilla (voiced by Allan Melvin) is a gorilla who spent his time languishing in the front display window of a pet shop run by Melvin Peebles (voiced by Howard Morris), eating bananas and being a drain on the businessman's finances. Mr. Peebles marked down Magilla's price considerably, but Magilla was invariably only purchased for a short time, typically by some thieves who needed a gorilla to break into a bank or by an advertising agency looking for a mascot for their new product. The...
The show features a hillbilly cat named Punkin' Puss (voiced by Allan Melvin) who lives in a house in the woods of the southern US. Punkin' is preoccupied with a hillbilly mouse named Mushmouse (voiced by Howard Morris) who lives there too, and Punkin' frequently tries to shoot him with his rifle. The characters of Punkin' Puss and Mushmouse, as well as their relationship with each other, are very similar to the characters Tom and Jerry.
Ricochet Rabbit (voiced by Don Messick) works as a sheriff in a Western setting called Hoop 'n' Holler. Ricochet, true to his name, would bounce off all the walls yelling "ping-ping-ping!" His deputy Droop-a-Long Coyote (voiced by Mel Blanc impersonating Ken Curtis' Festus Haggen character from the TV Western, "Gunsmoke".) was never able to be as "jumpy" and would end up crashing through a window, or some similar accident. In addition to his speed, Ricochet was known for using trick bullets a...Mel Blanc– Droop-a-long Coyote, Sneezly SealAllan Melvin – Magilla Gorilla, Punkin' PussHoward Morris – Mr. Peebles (1964–1965), Mush Mouse, Breezly BruinDon Messick– Mr. Peebles (1965-1966), Ricochet Rabbit
1. Big Game 2. Gridiron Gorilla 3. Private Magilla 4. Bank Pranks 5. Groovey Movie 6. Airlift 7. Come Blow Your Dough 8. Mad Scientist 9. Masquerade Party 10. Come Back Little Magilla 11. Fairy Godmother 12. Planet Zero 13. Prince Charming 14. Motorcycle Magilla 15. Is That Zoo? 16. Bird Brained 17. Circus Ruckus 18. Camp Scamps 19. The Purple Mask 20. Love At First Fight 21. Pet Bet 22. Makin' With The Magilla 23. High Fly Guy 24. Deep Sea Doodle 25. That Was The Geek That Was 26. Montana Ma...
Punkin' Puss & Mushmouse
1. Calling All Kin 2. Small Change 3. Hornswoggled 4. Gall Of The Wild 5. Cat Nipped 6. Army Nervy Game 7. Seein' Is Believin' 8. Courtin' Disaster 9. A Tale Of Two Kitties 10. Chomp Romp 11. Catch As Cat Can Day 12. Jump Bumps 13. Nowhere Bear 14. Legend Of Bat Mouseterson 15. Super Drooper 16. Pep Hep 17. Shot At And Missed 18. The Mouse From S.O.M.P. 19. Host Of A Ghost 20. Muscle Tussle 21. Feudal Feud 22. Heir Conditioning 23. Hyde And Shriek 24. Misfortune Cookie
Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-long
1. Atchison Topeka & Sam Jose 2. Good Little Bad Guy 3. Cradle Robber 4. West Pest 5. T.V. Show 6. Annie Hoaxley 7. School Daze 8. Sheepy Wolf 9. Big Thinker 10. Two Too Many
Warner Home Video released the entire Magilla Gorilla series (The Magilla Gorilla Show) consisting of 31 Magilla Gorilla segments, together with the 23 Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long and 23 Punkin' Puss & Mushmousesegments in a boxed DVD collection on August 15, 2006. The DVD set doesn't include the 1964 Magilla Gorilla Show main/end title sequences.
- Warner Bros.
- Comedy, Action/Adventure
- Animated Series
Jan 15, 2018 · The Magilla Gorilla Show was an animated series for television starring Magilla Gorilla. The series was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions for Screen Gems, and was originally sponsored in...
- 1 min
The Magilla Gorilla Show was produced by Hanna-Barbera for Screen Gems in 1964, first for syndication, and later for ABC, with Allan Melvin and Howard Morris as lead voices. It was also one of the first animated TV series produced under the sponsorship of a toy company (Ideal Toys).
Magilla lived in a pet shop owned by Mr. Peebles, who tried desperately to sell him. Whenever Magilla was sold, he was taken to some comic misadventure and inevitably returned to the pet shop.
- 30 sec
‘The Magilla Gorilla Show’ was one of the top Hanna-Barbera cartoons that aired in the mid-60s. This cartoon series revolves around the story of a trouble-prone but smart ape named Magilla. The shenanigans of this character made the viewers laugh and also intrigued them enough to tune in for the next show.
Magilla Gorilla debuted in 1964 with 23 half-hour shows by the end of '66, plus 8 bonus shorts only in the original 2006 set! The first 23 shows also had segments starring "bing-bing-BING!" Ricochet Rabbit, and his deputy Droopalong Coyote, and also Punkin' Puss and Mushmouse!
- MAGILLA GORILLA
Sep 23, 2006 · The Magilla Gorilla Show Aaron Aaron Handy III The original opening credit sequence to the show in 1964. Yet another rare item sadly neglected for inclusion as part of the Magilla Gorilla - The Complete Series DVD set...
- September 23, 2006
- Aaron Aaron Handy III
- 1 min
Directed by Joseph Barbera, William Hanna. With Allan Melvin, Don Messick. Magilla is hired by an advertising agency to help promote and drive their new automobile.
- Allan Melvin, Don Messick
- Joseph Barbera, William Hanna
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.