- related to: the serpent
The Serpent: With Tahar Rahim, Billy Howle, Jenna Coleman, Ellie Bamber. The twisting, real-life story of Charles Sobhraj, a murderer, thief and seductive master of disguise, who was a hidden darkness in the mid-70's on Asia's hippie trail.
- Tahar Rahim, Billy Howle, Jenna Coleman
The Serpent is a British crime drama serial developed by Mammoth Screen and commissioned by the BBC. The eight-part limited series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix. It is based on the crimes of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered young tourists between 1975 and 2000. The series stars Tahar Rahim in the lead role as Sobhraj.
Jan 17, 2021 · © Provided by The i Charles Sobhraj, played by Tahar Rahim in the BBC drama The Serpent based on the life of the serial killer (Photo: Roland Neveu/The Serpent/BBC/Mammoth Screen) The Serpent tells...
Apr 02, 2021 · The Serpent tells the story of French-born killer Charles Sobhraj and his crimes along the so-called hippie trail in Southeast Asia during the 1970s.
- Adam Rathe
- Senior Editor, Arts And Culture
Apr 12, 2021 · The Serpent, streaming now on Netflix, tells the story of a true crime spree committed by three people—Charles Sobhraj (played by Tahar Rahim) and accomplices Marie-Andree Leclerc (Jenna Coleman)...
- 9 min
- Samuel Spencer
The Serpent true story reveals that serial killer Charles Sobhraj is believed to have killed at least a dozen people in the 1970s, possibly up to 24. Most of Charles Sobhraj's victims were discovered along Southeast Asia's Hippie Trail.
Apr 06, 2021 · “The Serpent” convincingly pulls in viewers with a wealth of period detail, from impeccable ’70s threads to getting your mail at Poste Restante to the ubiquitous “apple strudel” sign on Katmandu...
People also ask
What does serpent means?
What is the difference between serpent and Snake?
What is a serpentine spirit?
Was the serpent a snake?
- The Serpent: What Happened to Herman Knippenberg. After leaving Thailand in 1977, Herman Knippenberg served as a diplomat in nations around the world until he retired in 2003.
- The Serpent: What Happened to Angela Knippenberg. By the end of The Serpent, it’s clear that Angela (Ellie Bamber) and Herman Knippenberg are having some marital troubles as the latter's obsession with catching the "Bikini Killer" Charles Sobhraj has consumed their lives.
- The Serpent: What Happened to Nadine and Remi Gires. The everyday hero of the story, Nadine Gires (Mathilde Warnier) and her husband, Remi Gires (Grégoire Isvarine), a French sous chef, helped Herman Knippenberg with his investigations and later aided in Dominique Renelleau’s escape from Sobhraj.
- The Serpent: What happened to Dominique Renelleau. One of the few surviving victims of Sobhraj's killing spree, Dominque Renelleau (Fabien Frankel) returned to France after Nadine and Remi Gires helped him escape from Thailand.
Apr 09, 2021 · The Serpent has become a Netflix hit, a few months after it debuted on the BBC. In the drama, we see Charles Sobhraj (played by Tahar Rahim) on a crime spree that spanned many years, many...