25 Best Things to Do in Frankfurt (Germany)
- Museumsufer. Grouped together on both sides of the River Main is a cluster of 12 museums in an area known as the Museumsufer (Museum Embankment).
- Städel Museum. One of Germany’s top cultural attractions, the Städel Museum has recently been named German Museum of the Year following an extension for contemporary art in 2012.
- Main Tower. ...
People also ask
What are the best things to do in Frankfurt?
What are the best places to visit in Frankfurt Germany?
What is there to see in Frankfurt Germany?
What are some fun activities to do in Germany?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 53,744 traveler reviews and photos of Frankfurt tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in September. We have reviews of the best places to see in Frankfurt. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Frankfurt Attractions . Located along the Main in Germany, Frankfurt is a bustling city that boasts a rich history, vibrant nightlife, and a medieval feeling people of all ages will enjoy.
Sep 18, 2017 · 25 Best Things to Do in Frankfurt (Germany) Germany’s big financial centre is a city of many sides. The central business district, Bankenviertel, captures your attention right away and has all ten of the tallest skyscrapers in the country.
- Stroll Through Historic Römerberg. Address. Römerberg 26, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 21238800. Web Visit website. The Römerberg ("Roman Mountain") is the historic heart of Frankfurt.
- Head Up to the Main Tower. Address. Main Tower, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. There is no better way to see Frankfurt than from the top of the Main Tower, the city's only high-rise open to the public.
- Tour the Goethe House. Address. Großer Hirschgraben 23-25, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 138800. Web Visit website. Frankfurt is the birthplace of Germany's most important writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, born in 1749.
- See Europe's Largest Dinosaur Skeleton. Address. Senckenberganlage 25, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 75420. Web Visit website.
Things to Do in Frankfurt, Hesse: See Tripadvisor's 54 507 traveller reviews and photos of 668 Frankfurt attractions.
Kaiserdom. Frankfurt’s red-sandstone cathedral is dominated by a 95m-high Gothic tower, which can be climbed via 328 steps. Construction began in the 13th century; from 1356 to 1792, the Holy Roman Emperors were elected...
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 54,489 traveller reviews and photos of Frankfurt tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in September. We have reviews of the best places to see in Frankfurt. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- Main Tower. 3,757 reviews. "... observation deck at the top that is open to the public and offers great 360 degree views over the entire city.""... windows or you can walk up a few stairs to the open viewing platform where it is very safe (the furthest you...
- Palmengarten. 2,002 reviews. "Nice walks, huge glass palm house and green houses with exotic plants and lots of information about the plants,...""... train ran around the park and the palm house and tropical plants were amazing..
- Romer. 6,326 reviews. "... of the magnificent Romerberg which is the beautiful square in the beautiful Altstadt ( Old Town ) of Frankfurt."" Many outdoor cafes, restaurants and souvenir shops line the cobblestoned square and while we were there, a big...
- Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg) 1,275 reviews. "... Frankfurt am Main (Main Station), then Take the U-Bahn 4 towards Bockenheimer Warte, then you are St the Museum.""...
- Römerberg: Frankfurt's Old Town Center. In the heart of Frankfurt's Old Town (Altstadt), the Römerberg is an irregularly shaped square with the Justice Fountain (Gerechtigkeitsbrunnen) at its center.
- Städel Museum. The Städel Museum (Städelsches Kunstinstitut und Städtische Galerie), with its excellent collection of paintings from the 14th century, is the most important of the world-class museums that make up Frankfurt's Museum District (see #3 below for details of these other top-rated tourist attractions).
- Museum District: Museumsufer. Frankfurt's Museum District (Museumsufer) on the south and north banks of the River Main is a first-rate collection of some 16 separate museums, many of them of international standing.
- The Palm Garden. Located on Bockenheimer Landstrasse, the beautiful 54-acre Palm Garden (Palmengarten), the largest botanic garden in Germany (and one of three in Frankfurt), was an instant hit with the public upon its opening in 1871.
Frankfurt suffered such extensive damage during World War II that much of its Altstadt (old town) had to be rebuilt. The restoration project, which started in the 1950s, was just completed in 2017.
- 2 min