Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 53,556 traveler reviews and photos of Frankfurt tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in August. We have reviews of the best places to see in Frankfurt. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- Museumsufer. Grouped together on both sides of the River Main is a cluster of 12 museums in an area known as the Museumsufer (Museum Embankment). Most are on the left bank (south side).
- Städel Museum. One of Germany’s top cultural attractions, the Städel Museum has recently been named German Museum of the Year following an extension for contemporary art in 2012.
- Main Tower. In Frankfurt’s ever-growing forest of skyscrapers there’s still only one tower with a public viewing platform. The 200-metre Main Tower opened in the year 2000 and is the fourth-tallest building in the city, which also makes it the fourth-tallest in Germany.
- Goethe House and Museum. The German polymath Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was born at the fine corbelled house on 23 Großer Hirschgraben in 1749. It’s a medieval dwelling that had been updated with a Rococo facade and interior just before Goethe’s parents moved in.
- Stroll Through Historic Römerberg. Address. Römerberg 26, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 21238800. Web Visit website. The Römerberg ("Roman Mountain") is the historic heart of Frankfurt.
- Head Up to the Main Tower. Address. Main Tower, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. There is no better way to see Frankfurt than from the top of the Main Tower, the city's only high-rise open to the public.
- Tour the Goethe House. Address. Großer Hirschgraben 23-25, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 138800. Web Visit website. Frankfurt is the birthplace of Germany's most important writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, born in 1749.
- See Europe's Largest Dinosaur Skeleton. Address. Senckenberganlage 25, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 75420. Web Visit website.
Frankfurt Attractions . Located along the Main in Germany, Frankfurt is a bustling city that boasts a rich history, vibrant nightlife, and a medieval feeling people of all ages will enjoy.
- Best things to do, eat, and see in Frankfurt | MY FAVORITE GERMAN CITY!youtube.com
- 8 THINGS TO DO IN FRANKFURT GERMANY 🇩🇪 Vlogyoutube.com
- Things NOT to Do in Germany - Life in Germanyyoutube.com
- FRANKFURT LAYOVER 🇩🇪| Top things to do in Frankfurt Germany | Altstadt Frankfurt am Mainyoutube.com
- Mairi Beautyman
- Kleinmarkthalle. Things to do Markets and fairs. A culinary dream awaits at the 1,500-square-metre Kleinmarkthalle, where nearly 160 market stalls flog local food, flowers and other produce.
- Main Tower. Get another perspective on the city at the Main Tower, the first high-rise building in Europe with a façade made entirely of glass. At 200m, it’s also the fourth tallest building in Germany and Frankfurt’s highest vantage point (plus the only one accessible to the public).
- Museumsufer (Museum Embankment) In the 1980s the city authorities came up with the idea of a boulevard of museums – and the results were stunning. Around the Städel, a fine art museum with masterpieces spanning seven centuries, a gaggle of new museums sprung up, some in transformed historic villas, others in new purpose-built buildings.
- Schaumainkai flea market. Things to do Markets and fairs. Every other Saturday, Flohmarkt Schaumainkai – considered by many to be Frankfurt’s best flea market – opens on the tree-lined southern bank of the Main river.
Things to Do in Frankfurt, Hesse: See Tripadvisor's 54 301 traveller reviews and photos of 667 Frankfurt attractions.
People also ask
What are the best places to visit in Frankfurt Germany?
What is there to see in Frankfurt Germany?
What is it like to travel to Frankfurt Germany?
What are the must do things in Germany?
Frankfurt suffered such extensive damage during World War II that much of its Altstadt (old town) had to be rebuilt. The restoration project, which started in the 1950s, was just completed in 2017.
Kaiserdom. Frankfurt’s red-sandstone cathedral is dominated by a 95m-high Gothic tower, which can be climbed via 328 steps. Construction began in the 13th century; from 1356 to 1792, the Holy Roman Emperors were elected...
- Main Tower. 3,755 reviews. "What makes it special compared to other highrise buildings in the city, is that it has an observation deck at the top that is open to the public and offers great 360 degree views over the entire city."
- Palmengarten. 1,997 reviews. "Nice walks, huge glass palm house and green houses with exotic plants and lots of information about the plants, history etc.
- Romer. 6,321 reviews. "Römer ( Roman ) is most certainly the jewel in the crown of the magnificent Romerberg which is the beautiful square in the beautiful Altstadt ( Old Town ) of Frankfurt."
- Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg) 1,275 reviews. "This natural history museum has the greatest collection of dinosaur bones in Europe and is maybe the best I've seen; it's up there with the Washington, DC and New York museums."
Updated on 4 March 20. Frankfurt Airport is one of the busiest in Germany.If you are traveling to Europe, and especially to Germany, there’s a good chance you’ll have a layover in this massive, sprawling airport.