Types of Things to Do in Niagara Falls Tours (29) Nature & Parks (18) Outdoor Activities (18) Sights & Landmarks (17) Transportation (15) Shopping (11) Nightlife (9) Museums (9) Fun & Games (9) Boat Tours & Water Sports (7) Concerts & Shows (4) Food & Drink (3) Spas & Wellness (2) Traveler Resources (2) Zoos & Aquariums (1)
People also ask
What is there to do in Niagara Falls NY?
What are the best attractions in Niagara Falls?
Is Niagara Falls a good vacation destination?
What is Niagara Falls Like in the summer?
Skip the line and book fun activities and tours with Expedia. Explore tourist attractions and things to do in Niagara Falls NY today, this week or weekend. Find tickets for the best tourist attractions for the ultimate family vacation.
There are hundreds of attractions and things to do in the Niagara Falls region year-round. Summertime in Niagara Falls USA is packed with free outdoor concerts, festivals and events to keep you entertained. There are also many events and festivals in the fall and winter months that feature wine, food and music.
- 7 Things To Do In Niagara Falls New York, USAyoutube.com
- Top 13. Best Tourist Attractions in Niagara Falls - New Yorkyoutube.com
- Niagara Falls, New York: Top 5 Things to Doyoutube.com
- Things To Do In Niagara Falls with The Legendyoutube.com
Just a short drive from Niagara Falls, New York, you’ll find some of the most exquisite landscapes in the country. The Niagara Wine Trail, USA is not only a great way to experience the local wines (the ice wine and fruit wines are specialties of the area) but also to tour the area outside the city.
While there are several things to see and do in Niagara Falls, the main attractions are the waterfalls themselves, so the best option is to find a hotel within walking distance of the falls and Niagara Falls State Park, or along the river gorge. This is where most of the best hotels are found.
- Cave of the Winds. 6,070 reviews. "The cave of the winds offers a thrilling experience to get up close, it is absolutely safe, they offer there own footwear and ponchos so you are pretty secured, you might get a little wet at the Hurricane deck if..."
- Niagara Falls. 7,949 reviews. "An awe inspiring natural wonder, made all the more inviting due to the ease of access and the all round service and facilities."
- Niagara Falls State Park. 4,385 reviews. "Niagara Falls is a full of one scenic view after another from the Rainbow Bridge, the Observation Tower, Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Goat Island Terrapin Point, Three Sisters Islands, Luna..."
- Niagara Falls Observation Tower. 1,035 reviews. "A must see!! The views of both Falls was fantastic and breathtaking as well as the Niagara River and the Canadian side.""
- Niagara Falls State Park. What is it: Spanning 400 acres and located at the brink of the Falls, this state park is the oldest in the U.S. It was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, of Central Park fame, and features trails, gardens and a range of attractions.
- Maid of the Mist. What is it: While technically located in Niagara Falls State Park, Maid of the Mist deserves its own spot on the list. The 20-minute double-decker boat tour takes plastic-poncho-sporting passengers right up to the base of the Horseshoe Falls, which spans an incredible 2,200 feet in width.
- Old Fort Niagara. What is it: Just 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, Old Fort Niagara lies at the base of the Niagara River. The first military post was established at the fort in 1679 but it’s now best known for its role in the War of 1812.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Center. What is it: This Heritage Center has a noteworthy mission: to shine light on the city’s history of Underground Railroad abolitionists and freedom seekers, and encourage visitors to acknowledge how injustices today have stemmed from slavery.
- Maid of the Mist. Rate attraction: 10 3 View Map. You haven’t been to Niagara if you don’t ride the best and longest running ferry ride. This is as close as it gets to be at the foot of the falls, without actually drowning.
- Goat Island. Flickr/Prayitno. Rate attraction: 7 0 View Map. This is one of the cool spots in the middle of the falls, which is located in between the bridge to the American Falls and Horseshoe Falls.
- Cave of the Winds. Flickr/joeymanley. Rate attraction: 4 0 View Map. If the boat ride next to the falls left you wanting more, don’t worry, the Cave of the Winds will take you right inside the falls.
- Niagara Falls Jet Boats. Facebook/whirlpooljet. Rate attraction: 5 0 View Map. If the misty boat ride was too pedestrian for someone who is a bit more of a thrill-seeker, don’t worry, Niagara has the fix for you.
ATTRACTIONS History buffs can enjoy the many historical sites and museums in the area including Old Fort Niagara and the Power Vista. If a thrill seeker, take a ride on one of the many Niagara Falls attractions around Clifton Hill including the Niagara SkyWheel, or experience the main attractions in the National Parks to see the Falls up close.
- 751 Park Place, Niagara Falls, 14301, New York
- (716) 202-9123