People also ask
What are some good things to do in San Francisco?
What are the best neighborhoods to stay in San Francisco?
What are the best places to see in San Francisco?
What is there to do in San Francisco CA?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in San Francisco, California on Tripadvisor: See 450,281 traveler reviews and photos of San Francisco tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. We have reviews of the best places to see in San Francisco. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Jul 29, 2020 · Ranking of the top 27 things to do in San Francisco. Travelers favorites include #1 California Academy of Sciences, #2 Golden Gate Bridge and more.
One of the best things to do in San Francisco for the foodie at heart is visit Ferry Building Marketplace, where artisan cheese and fresh produce is at the ready from local vendors. It’s also easy to get an adrenaline rush in San Francisco. Things to do for adventurers in The Bay include hang gliding, surfing, kite boarding, and rock climbing.
- Sarah Medina
- Golden Gate Bridge. Things to do Presidio. What is it? The world’s most photographed bridge (for good reason). Why go? The bridge's iconic 746-foot-tall orange towers have stood sentinel over the San Francisco Bay since 1937.
- Alcatraz Island. Things to do Walks and tours San Francisco. NOTE: Interior portions of buildings on the island are temporarily closed. What is it? A former maximum security prison in the middle of the San Francisco Bay.
- PIER 39 + Fisherman's Wharf. Things to do Fisherman's Wharf. What is it? Where to see a plethora of playful, barking California sea lions. Why go? It wasn’t until after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake that sea lions began “hauling out” on K dock at Pier 39.
- Golden Gate Park. Things to do Golden Gate Park. NOTE: The park's museums and restaurants are temporarily closed. What is it? Twenty percent larger than New York’s Central Park and just as iconic, Golden Gate Park is 1,000-plus acres of rolling hills, groves of trees, gardens and hidden treasures.
One of the most difficult things to do in the NFL today is tackle Tennessee Titans running back, Derrick Henry, but San</ ...
Titans Wire via Yahoo Sports
24 hours ago
- Revealed: NFL-led plan to put Leeds United back among European football's eliteThe Telegraph via Yahoo Sports11 hours ago
- Here's Where Kamala Harris Stands on the Nation's Most Critical IssuesMarie Claire via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Jaguars' Minshew, Chargers' Herbert look to snap team skidsAssociated Press via Yahoo News3 minutes ago
- Loss to Bears two seasons ago helped reshape Rams, and they meet again MondayLA Times via Yahoo News22 hours ago
- New details on Tua Tagovailoa’s rise to Dolphins starter. What’s made Brian Flores unhappy. And two important questionsMiami Herald via Yahoo News2 days ago
Nov 09, 2015 · 25 Best Things to Do in San Francisco San Francisco is a hub of excitement, and the cultural, commercial and financial heart of Northern California. The city is the 13th most populated in the U.S. but has the second highest population density in the county, with only New York being busier.
Apr 29, 2020 · The first three things on this list are classics, uniquely San Francisco and worth the hype they get. After that, choose from the rest depending on your style. If you want to get to know San Francisco, these different places help you to really discover it.
- Daisy Barringer
- Attend Nightlife at the California Academy of Sciences (without leaving your home) Free. Your home or anywhere with internet. Okay, so the best part of NightLife is that you get to cruise around the Academy of Sciences and check out all of the exhibits with a cocktail in hand, then hit the dance floor, visit another galaxy in the Planetarium, and interact with some smart scientists.
- Enjoy a picnic in the park $ Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, Alamo Square, McLaren Park, etc. How lucky are we that San Francisco has 220 city parks (one every half-mile), more than any other city in the US?
- Walk, run, or bike down John F. Kennedy Drive in Golden Gate Park. Free. Golden Gate Park. At the end of April, London Breed closed a large portion of John F. Kennedy Drive in Golden Gate Park to vehicles.
- Eat your way through the Ferry Building. $ to $$ Embarcadero. The historic Ferry Building is a stunning piece of architecture (completed in 1898 and the largest construction project in SF at the time), but what’s really amazing about it is all of the delicious artisan food, lots of which is available right now since both the inside and outside are open to visitors (not for dining, but for buying).
- Shop at Union Square. Union Square holds one of the largest collections of department stores, boutique shops, beauty salons, art galleries, and so on, in all of the United States.
- Drink an Irish Coffee at the Buena Vista. Famous bartender Larry Nolan serves up thousands of Irish coffees a day at The Buena Vista, using a recipe that was perfected in 1952.
- Eat Chinese Food in Chinatown. Not only is San Francisco’s Chinatown the oldest in North America, it also hosts the largest Chinese community outside of Asia.
- Ogle the Architecture at the Palace of Fine Arts. This gorgeous building was built in 1919, and was inspired by ancient Greek and Roman architecture.
- Lose yourself in Magowan’s Mirror Maze. Located on San Francisco’s Pier 39, Magowan’s Infinite Mirror Maze is possibly the most psychedelic place you can legally reach in the city.
- Swing on a rope watching the city. Prepare your smartphones and drag along a good friend to give you a push. Here you can swing while admiring an awe-inspiring view of the San Francisco Bay and downtown SF.
- Breathe fresh air in Golden Gate Park. Located in the heart of Downtown San Francisco, Golden Gate Park is kind of the twin of Central Park in New York City.
- Jump at House of Air. Inside an old airplane settlement, friends and strangers can play on giant trampolines. House of Air is 8000 square feet of conjoined trampolines that are thoughtfully divided to suit different ages, interests, and activities.
Feel-Good results for things to do in san francisco
Discover 184 hidden attractions, cool sights, and unusual things to do in San Francisco, California from The Wave Organ to Beat Museum.
- Atlas Obscura