Kebbell, the fourth of five children, was born in Pontefract, Yorkshire, but grew up in Nottinghamshire where he attended The Grove School (now the Newark Academy) in Balderton. He was brought up by his mother, Michelle (née Mathers), a cook and landscape gardener, after his parents divorced. His father, Robert Kebbell, an engineer from Zimbabwe.
RocknRolla (2008) Toby Kebbell as Johnny Quid. Old Man at Bar : [Johnny Quid takes Old Man's drink and swigs] Oi, that's my drink.
Some very fine performances from Gerard Butler from 300, Tom Wilkinson from Michael Clayton but what really surprised me was outstanding performance by Toby Kebbell. His subtle dialogue and crazy laughter really spells horror and magic at the same time.
- Warner Manufacturing
- Rock N Rolla - Toby Kebbell as Johnny Quidyoutube.com
- Toby Kebell & Mark Strong - Funny Rock n Rolla interview | Prime Videoyoutube.com
- RocknRolla - MSN Exclusive: RocknRolla interview with Toby Kebbell and Mark Strongdailymotion.com
Toby Kebbell is an English actor whose filmography has a lot of renowned projects, including Dead Man's Shoes, RocknRolla, Warcraft, Ben-Hur. Toby Kebbell (Tobias Alistair Patrick) was born on July 9, 1982, in Pontefract, located in the western part of Yorkshire, England.
People also ask
Did toby kebbell play piano?
Who played toby kebbell?
Is rocknrolla a comedy?
Where is Toby Kebbell from?
In 2008 Toby played the title role in Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla, with Tom Wilkinson, Gerard Butler, Thandie Newton and Mark Strong. He provided the standout performance as the crack-addicted musician, Johnny Quid. Kebbell lost 1 and a half stones in a matter of a few weeks to play the emaciated rocker.
In September 2008, Kebbell was featured in the film RocknRolla, written and directed by Guy Ritchie, alongside actors Tom Wilkinson, Gerard Butler and Thandie Newton. Kebbell played a crack-addicted musician, Johnny Quid. To play the role Toby Kebbell learned to play the piano and operate a semi automatic. 2007
RocknRolla is a 2008 action crime film written and directed by Guy Ritchie, and starring Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton, Mark Strong, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Gemma Arterton and Toby Kebbell. It was released on 5 September 2008 in the United Kingdom, hitting number one in the UK box office in its first week of release.
- He grew up as an altar boy. Having being raised in a Catholic household by a staunch mother, he became an altar boy, something which brought him so much joy according to him because of a priest called Father Sullivan who gave him advice on how to tackle life issues and prepared him for the real world.
- He dropped out of school once. Being the clichÃ© teenager, Kebbell claims he was a rebellious one dropped out of school at the age of 15 and had to finish his exams at a sixth form college in his hometown in Nottingham where he took acting classes and still got kicked out but managed to get a recall to audition for a role in Dead Man’s Shoes in 2004 and everything suddenly started falling in place for the young rebel.
- He was nominated for a BIFA award and won. His emotional portrayal of a dyslexic young man in Dead Man’s Shoes earned him a British Independent Film Award nomination for Most Promising Newcomer.
- He learned how to play the piano for a role. Kebbell featured in a film by Guy Ritchie called RocknRolla in September of 2008 alongside actors such as Gerald Butler and Thandie Newton.