From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography is an unauthorized biography of actor Tom Cruise, written by Andrew Morton. The book was published in the United States in hardcover format on January 15, 2008 by St. Martin's Press, with a first printing of 400,000 copies, and an audio format on five CDs by Macmillan Audio.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cruise:_An_Unauthorized_Biography
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV (born July 3, 1962), better known by the stage name Tom Cruise, is an American actor and producer. He has received various accolades for his work, including three Golden Globe Awards and three nominations for Academy Awards. With a net worth of $570 million as of 2020, he is one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
- Tom Cruise Filmography
Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer who made his...
- Mimi Rogers
Tom Cruise was also a client before being directed towards a...
- Nicole Kidman
Nicole Mary Kidman AC (born 20 June 1967) is an Australian...
- Church of Scientology
The Church of Scientology is a group of interconnected...
- List of Awards and Nominations Received by Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfrey's couch, the Eiffel...
- Tom Cruise Filmography
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography is an unauthorized biography of actor Tom Cruise, written by Andrew Morton. The book was published in the United States in hardcover format on January 15, 2008 by St. Martin's Press, with a first printing of 400,000 copies, and an audio format on five CDs by Macmillan Audio.
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV (/ ˈtɒməs ˈkruːz ˈmeɪpɒθər /; born July 3, 1962), widely known as Tom Cruise, is an American movie actor and producer. He has starred in many movies, including War of the Worlds and Jerry Maguire. He is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. His first movie was Endless Love.
Jun 03, 2020 · Here You will learn all about Tom Cruise Biography. Tom Cruise has received several accolades for his work, including three Golden Globe Awards and three nominations for Academy Awards. With a net worth of $570 million as of 2020, he is one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
- Early Life
- Other Work
- See Also
- External Links
Cruise was born to Thomas Mapother III and Mary Lee Pfeiffer in Syracuse, New York. Cruise has German ancestry from his paternal great-grandparents, William Reibert Gay and Charlotta Louise Voelker; and Welsh ancestry from his paternal great-great-grandfather, Dylan Henry Mapother, who emigrated from Flint, Wales to Louisville, Kentucky in 1850. His maternal ancestry is half Irish and half German (including Alsatian).Cruise's family resided in near-poverty, because Cruise's father would not...
Cruise's first legitimate acting role came to him in 1981, when he had a small role in Endless Love, a drama/romance film starring Brooke Shields. After that he had a more substantial role in a bigger film, Taps, appearing alongside George C. Scott, Timothy Hutton and Sean Penn. The film about military cadets was moderately successful. In 1983, he was one of many young teenage stars to appear in Francis Ford Coppola's The Outsiders. The cast for this film included Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Patri...
In 1990, 1991 and 1997, People magazine rated him among the 50 most beautiful people in the world. In 1995, Empire magazine ranked him among the 100 sexiest stars in film history. Two years later, it ranked him among the top 5 movie stars of all time. In 2002 and 2003, he was rated by Premiere among the top 20 in its annual Power 100 list.In 2006, Premiere magazine established Cruise as Hollywood's most powerful actor, as Cruise came in at number 13 on the magazines 2006 Power List, being the...
Cruise was married to Mimi Rogers (married on May 9, 1987, divorced February 4, 1990). Rogers is generally believed to be the one who introduced Cruise to Scientology.
Cruise is arguably Hollywood's most outspoken member of the Church of Scientology. He became involved with Scientology in 1990 through his first wife, Mimi Rogers. Cruise has publicly said that Scientology, specifically the L. Ron Hubbard Scientology Study Tech, helped him overcome his dyslexia. However, according to former Scientology Sea Org member Jesse Prince, Cruise expressed intentions of abandoning the religion after nearly suffering a mental breakdown upon being taught about \\"Incident...
1. At an early age, Cruise joined a seminary in order to become a priest. He left before completing that task. 2. Earned his pilot's license in 1994 and owns a World War II P-51 Mustang and Pitts Special S-2B stunt plane. 3. Has never allowed his image to be used in video games or action figures. 4. Among the movies that Tom Cruise was reportedly offered but turned down are: Alexander, Footloose, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Enemy of the State and Cold Mountain. 5. Despite famously wearing brace...
Tom Cruise co-hosted the annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway with Oprah Winfrey in 2004.Cruise is active with charity. Working with his industry, they raised over $150 million for 9/11, and works with an AIDS nonprofit organization.
1. \\"Actor Tom Cruise Opens Up about his Beliefs in the Church of Scientology\\", SPIEGEL Online. (April 27, 2005) 2. Shields, Brooke. \\"War of Words\\", New York Times. (July 1, 2005) 3. \\"Tom Cruise Says Scientology Helped with Learning Disability\\", beliefnet / Associated Press. (July 11, 2003) 4. Gonzales, Luis. \\"New Church of Scientology Opens in Madrid\\", beliefnet. 5. \\"Cruise lobbies over Scientology\\". BBC News. (January 30, 2002) 6. \\"Tom Cruise buys sonogram machine to watch baby\\". (November...
1. List of famous Louisvillians 2. Citizens Commission on Human Rights 3. List of Scientologists 4. Church of Scientology
1. Tom Cruise at the Internet Movie Database 2. Tom Cruise at Yahoo! Movies 3. Tom Cruise links about Tom Cruise at dmoz the open directory 4. Tom Cruise at the Notable Names Database 5. Transcript of the Matt Lauer interview 6. Full Dotson Rader Interview; 4/16/06 7. Rolling Stone Interview: \\"The Passion of the Cruise\\"; 08/11/04 8. Roles that Tom Cruise has turned down
- 'Taps,' 'The Outsiders' Cruise set a 10-year deadline for himself in which to build an acting career. He left school and moved to New York City, struggling through audition after audition before landing an appearance in 1981's Endless Love, starring Brooke Shields.
- 'Risky Business' His next film, Risky Business (1983), grossed $65 million. It also made Cruise a highly recognizable actor — thanks in no small part to a memorable scene of the young star dancing in his underwear.
- 'Top Gun' In 1986, after a two-year hiatus, the budding actor released the big-budget fantasy film Legend, which did poorly at the box office. That same year, however, Cruise's A-list status was confirmed with the release of Top Gun, which co-starred Kelly McGillis, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
- 'The Color of Money,' 'Rain Man' and 'Born on the Fourth of July' Cruise followed the tremendous success of Top Gun with a string of both critically acclaimed and commercially successful films.
People also ask
What is Tom Cruise's birth name?
What was Tom Cruise's childhood like?
How old is Tom Cruise?
Tom is the only son (among four children) of nomadic parents, Mary Lee (Pfeiffer), a special education teacher, and Thomas Cruise Mapother III, an electrical engineer. His parents were both from Louisville, Kentucky, and he has German, Irish, and English ancestry.
Born on the Fourth of July is a 1989 American biographical war drama film based on the eponymous 1976 autobiography by Ron Kovic.Directed by Oliver Stone, and written by Stone and Kovic, it stars Tom Cruise, Kyra Sedgwick, Raymond J. Barry, Jerry Levine, Frank Whaley, and Willem Dafoe.
Tom Cruise's new film barely qualifies as a film at all. None of it makes sense. The film delivers all the chases, explosions, zombies and ghosts you could ask for, and there are a few amusing lines and creepy moments, but, between the headache-inducing flashbacks and hallucinations, the narrative would be easier to follow if it were written in ...