Oz is an American television drama series set at a fictional men's prison created by Tom Fontana, who also wrote or co-wrote all of the series's 56 episodes. It was the first one-hour dramatic television series to be produced by the premium cable network HBO.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oz_tv_series
Rise of Epic TV Series: Tom Fontana, Creator of "Oz" The WZB is proud to welcome the recipient of three Primetime Emmys and multiple other awards, Tom Fontana, for an event charting both the artistic and the economic revolution that changed the face of TV over the last one and a half decades.
OZ Howell Scenes. Often, when writing a television series,...
In his Archive interview, Tom Fontana talks about his work...
- Elsewhere Episode 3 Act 1
Elsewhere Episode 3 Act 1 - Tom Fontana
People also ask
How old was Tom Fontana when he died?
Why did Tom Fontana not let his mom watch Oz?
When did Fontana come up with the idea?
Who is the writer and producer of Oz?
Tom Fontana (born September 12, 1951 in Buffalo, New York) is an American screenwriter, writer and television producer. An Emmy winner, Fontana worked on NBC 's Homicide: Life on the Street and created HBO 's Oz.
Tom Fontana was born on September 12, 1951 in Buffalo, New York, USA. He is an Emmy Award winning writer and producer, known for Copper (2012), Borgia (2011), Oz (1997), Homicide: Life on the Street (1993) and St. Elsewhere (1982). He was twice married to Sagan Lewis, before her death in 2016. See full bio »
- Tom Fontana
Oz is an American television drama series set at a fictional men's prison created by Tom Fontana, who also wrote or co-wrote all of the series's 56 episodes. It was the first one-hour dramatic television series to be produced by the premium cable network HBO.
Tom Fontana is creating his first television series without worrying about anyone's reaction. Not even his mother's. That's because he told his mom, Marie, that he doesn't want her watching the HBO...
- Alan Pergament
Writer and producer Tom Fontana explores an urban experimental prison in his television drama, "Oz."»»﴿─── See more on the Authors Playlist: https://www.you...
- 11 min
- Manufacturing Intellect
Jul 11, 2017 · Before The Sopranos or The Wire, television’s golden age arguably began on HBO on July 12, 1997, when the premium network premiered Fontana's prison drama Oz. As HBO’s first attempt at an hour-long...
Created by Tom Fontana. With Ernie Hudson, J.K. Simmons, Lee Tergesen, Dean Winters. A series chronicling the daily activities of an unusual prison facility and its criminal inhabitants.
- Rohan Ahluwalia
- Oz was HBO’s first hour-long original drama. While many remember shows like The Wire or The Sopranos, it was Oz that debuted as the network’s first exclusive hour-long drama.
- In the intro, series creator Tom Fontana is seen getting tattooed. In celebration for the next chapter of his career, Tom Fontana got a tattoo of the Oz logo on his arm and had the process filmed for the opening credits.
- The name of the show is based on the famous children’s novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. While Oz is the nickname of the Oswald State Correctional Facility, the show’s name was inspired by the classic L. Frank Baum novel The Wizard of Oz.
- The setting of the show is also a Wizard of Oz reference. The setting for Oz, Emerald City, is also a reference to the famous 1900 novel.
- related to: tom fontana oz
fragrancenet.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month