People also ask
What are some good gospel artists?
Who are some famous gospel singers?
What are the most popular gospel songs?
What is black gospel music?
Browse the top black gospel artists to find new music. Scrobble songs to get recommendations on tracks you'll love.
Dec 12, 2017 · Meet some of the top Black Gospel artists in the industry today, like Hezekiah Walker, Donald Lawrence, Kirk Franklin, Earnest Pugh, and Fred Hammond.
However, the traditional black gospel sound survived intact and was eventually augmented by contemporary gospel (an '80s/'90s variation strongly influenced by latter-day urban R&B); plus, singers like Whitney Houston continued to develop within its ranks.
- See You Again – Anthony Evans. This song knocked me out when I first heard it. I decided this was the gospel song I was finally going to try in my church.
- Way Maker – Sinach. This is one of those songs that unexpectedly takes the world by storm. Nearly every worship band and major Christian artist has covered it by now, and it will continue its rise in 2021.
- Every Praise – Hezekiah Walker. You see, there’s just certain I can’t pull off when I lead worship. Like call and response. Walker performs this masterfully.
- You Are Good – Israel Houghton. There’s a reason this guy’s named after the Promised Land. That’s exactly where he takes you with his high-energy vocals and ridiculously good guitar playing.
- Donnie McClurkin. Genres: Hymn, Contemporary worship music, Contemporary Christian music.
- Kirk Franklin. Genres:Christian hip hop, Urban contemporary gospel.
- Fred Hammond. Genres: Contemporary worship music, Contemporary Christian music, Gospel music.
- Marvin Sapp. Genres: Contemporary worship music, Contemporary Christian music, Gospel music.
But in recent years, a handful of gospel artists have raised the global awareness of black gospel music by creating popular songs that exalt God, remain worshipful, and are catchy tunes as well. We’ve put together a list of black gospel songs that you should be listening to in 2021.
- Jonathan McReynolds. LOS ANGELES, CA – MARCH 15: Singer Jonathan McReynolds attends the BET Celebration of Gospel 2014 at Orpheum Theatre on March 15, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.
- Fred Hammond. NEW YORK – MARCH 28: (U.S. TABS AND HOLLYWOOD REPORTER OUT) Fred Hammond arrives at the Apollo Theater Foundation 70th Anniversary Benefit Celebration on March 28, 2004 in New York City.
- Donnie McClurkin. Donnie McClurkinn’Recording Academy Honors’ hosted an evening honoring Bon Jovi, Alicia Keys and Donnie McClurkin at Cipriani’s Wall Street -Arrivals.
- BeBe Winans. NEW YORK, NY – MARCH 16: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Singer BeBe Winans visits ‘The Hoda Show’ live on SiriusXM’s TODAY Show Radio the SiriusXM Studios on March 16, 2015 in New York City.
To celebrate Black History Month, I thought it would be appropriate to make a list of the greatest black music artists in history. The list is geared towards the 20th and 21st century as I am not familiar enough with classical music and pre-20th century music to know which black composers to include. I ranked the artists based on the usual critiera for ranking music artists (innovation, impact ...
- related to: top 100 black gospel artists
ebay.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month