- related to: top independent film
Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Free 2-Day Shipping w/Amazon Prime.
The 25 Best Indie Movies of All Time. 1. Do the Right Thing (1989) R | 120 min | Comedy, Drama. 8. Rate. 93 Metascore. On the hottest day of the year on a street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant ... 2. Mean Streets (1973) 3. Memento (2000) 4. Reservoir Dogs (1992) 5. Requiem for a Dream (2000)
100 American Independent Films (BFI Screen Guide) 1. Angel City (1977) 75 min | Comedy. 2. Another Girl Another Planet (1992) 3. Bad Lieutenant (1992) 4. Badlands (1973) 5. Being John Malkovich (1999)
American Independent Movies: 1. Mean Streets (1973) 2. Reservoir Dogs (1992) 3. Donnie Darko (2001) 4. The Terminator (1984) 5. Evil Dead II (1987) 6. Shadows (1959) 7. She's Gotta Have It (1986) 8. Night of the Living Dead (1968) 9. Blood Simple (1984) 10. Lost In Translation (2003) 11. Bad Lieutenant (1992) 12. sex, lies, and videotape (1989) 13. Eraserhead (1977) 14.
Dec 01, 2021 · And as the recent British Independent Film Award nominations showed, there are plenty of exceptional indie options to choose from. Whether you’re after an eccentric adventure or a powerful love letter to one filmmaker’s hometown, these are the best new independent films you won’t want to miss this winter.
A stylish, edgy indie movie from Chilean director Pablo Larraín (who directed the 2016 Jackie Kennedy biopic, Jackie), Ema stars Mariana Di Girolamo as a dancer whose life goes into a tailspin after a dramatic event. Fans of street dancing will be well served as Ema begins to revisit her roots in urban choreography with a crew of friends.
- The Passion Of The Christ. Despite receiving mostly negative reviews on release and being heavily criticized for its historical/biblical accuracy, The Passion of the Christ is the highest grossing independent movie of all time.
- The King’s Speech. Though The King’s Speech features an array of seasoned and award winning actors, such as Colin Firth, Guy Pearce, Geoffrey Rush, and more, and it has spectacular costume and set design, it’d be easy to believe that the movie is a high budget studio movie.
- Slumdog Millionaire. In one of his best roles, Dev Patel led Slumdog Millionaire to a $378 million box office intake. The movie is completely independent, as the largest chunk of its $15 million budget came from the independent UK company Film4 and it doesn’t feature any big names in its cast.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Interestingly enough, My Big Fat Greek Wedding never reached number one at the box office, but it remains the highest grossing independent romantic comedy of all time.
People also ask
What is the most expensive independent film ever made?
What makes an independent film Great?
What are the best movies of all time?
What does it take to be an independent filmmaker?