Olivia Newton-John 's song, " Physical ", was the song which remained the longest at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the 1980s (10 weeks).
BILLBOARD'S TOP SONGS OF THE '80S. The week of January 21, 2021. Radio Airplay + Sales Data + Streaming Data =BILLBOARD'S TOP SONGS OF THE '80S. Physical. Olivia Newton-John--Two Weeks Ago--
Ah, the 80s. Whether you were donning your finest spandex and getting tiddly on Cinzano or putting on the leathers and devil-fingering to Guns’n’Roses, it’ll still go down as the most ...
- The Best Disco Music of 70s 80s 90s - Nonstop Disco Dance Songs 70 80 90s Music Hitsyoutube.com
- Best Slow Rock Love Songs Nonstop 70s, 80s, 90s | Scorpions, Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, U2, Aerosmithyoutube.com
- Mega Disco Dance Songs Legend - Golden Eurodisco Megamix - Best disco music 70s 80s 90s Legendsyoutube.com
- Disco 70s 80s 90s Music Hits - Golden Eurodisco Megamix - Best disco music 70s 80s 90s Legendsyoutube.com
Jan 06, 2021 · In particular, the best ‘80s songs continue to inspire some of the most popular artists. The likes of Carly Rae Jepsen, Daft Punk, and The Weeknd, to name a few, have kept the tradition of glitzy synthesizers, soaring choruses, and heart-on-the-sleeve vocal performances alive.
- Tim Lowery
- “Close to Me” by the Cure. Robert Smith’s un-merry men spent roughly half of the ’80s making desperately sad goth rock, and the other half writing some of the best pop songs of all time.
- “Modern Love” by David Bowie. Bowie was all over the place during the ’80s: duetting with Jagger, clambering into spandex for Labyrinth, getting buried alive for Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence and ultimately embarking on a midlife crisis that resulted in a worrying beard and Tin Machine.
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston. In 1987, Houston was still very much a fresh-faced siren with the crystal-clear voice and a world of possibilities at her feet.
- “Free Fallin’” by Tom Petty. Is there anyone who doesn’t like this song? The famously cantankerous Lou Reed loved it, as did Tom Cruise’s go-get-’em titular character in Jerry Maguire (who, no disrespect, doesn’t seem like the most scrutinizing music listener).
People also ask
What are the best bands of the 80s?
What was the greatest song of the '80s?
What songs were popular in the 80s?
What are some famous 80s songs?
Top songs of the 1980's is updated by the minute by Gigbuilder - The world's most popular Event Management System. 1: Don't Stop Believin' Journey: 1981: Rock: 2: You Shook Me All Night Long: AC/DC: 1980: Rock: 3: Love Shack: B-52's: 1989: Popular: 4: Livin' On A Prayer: Bon Jovi: 1986: Rock: 5: Pour Some Sugar On Me: Def Leppard: 1987: Rock: 6 ...RankSong TitleSong ArtistYear1Don't Stop Believin'Journey19812You Shook Me All Night LongAC/DC19803Love ShackB-52's19894Livin' On A PrayerBon Jovi1986
We recommend you to check other playlists or our favorite music charts. If you enjoyed listening to this one, maybe you will like: 1. 80s Pop Music Hits Play...
These are the official top songs of the 80s.This page of music from the 80s includes the top 10 songs for each year from 1980 to 1989. Below each top 10 is a link to the full list of 80s hits for that year.
- Madonna. So where else should we start? There were a lot of superstars that populated and fueled the '80s, but no one generated his or her stardom as organically and completely within the decade as the Material Girl.
- Michael Jackson. Though the King of Pop had been a music star for years before 1982's "Thriller," the release of that album launched him so far into the stratosphere that he ended up permanently discolored.
- Prince. Through sheer force of charisma and musical versatility, Prince would have been the top male pop star in any decade not featuring Michael Jackson at the top of his game.
- Whitney Houston. This young star with the sterling bloodline was quite simply the purest and best female pop singer of the decade. And although she may have operated most often in the middle of the road artistically speaking, the hit singles and platinum albums don't lie.
Feel-Good results for top music from the 80s
- related to: top music from the 80s
music.amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month