People also ask
What are the best smaller towns to visit in Texas?
What are the worst cities to live in Texas?
What is the worst town in Texas?
Where are the safest places to live in Texas?
Apr 05, 2022 · 100. Flatonia, TX. 1,800. $62,614.0. $151,700.0. Download The Entire Texas Ranking Data. This article is an opinion based on facts and is meant as infotainment. This is our ninth time ranking the best small places to live in Texas.
Fredericksburg. Undoubtedly one of the best-known small towns in Texas, popular Fredericksburg is known for two things: its German heritage and its many, many wineries. READ NEXT. 25 Amazing Things to Do in the Texas Hill Country. While you’re there, consider making the short drive to Enchanted Rock, too.
- I. Dallas-Fort Worth Metro Area
- II. Houston Metro Area
- III. Texas Hill Country, San Antonio and Austin Metro Areas
The first four cities are located in north-central Texas and are part of the greater Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) metropolitan area. As such, residents in these areas have access to more amenitiesthan those in typical small cities. The DFW area is one of the best places to live (ranked #24) and to retire (ranked #17) within the U.S., according to U.S. N...
The next city we will introduce is a part of the greater Houston metropolitan area. As such, residents have access to the many amenities in Houston. The descriptions below refer to the city of Sugar Land, TX. Refer to Part I to learn about the attractions of Houston itself.
The next two cities are in central Texas, close to the San Antonio and Austin metropolitan areas. As such, residents have access to the many amenities in those areas. Both cities are part of the beautiful Texas Hill Country area, a stretch of undulating country along I-35 S between Austin and San Antonio. The descriptions below refer to the two cit...
- Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is located in Central Texas, just 78 miles west of Austin. The population in this town is above 10,000. Fredericksburg’s monthly cost of housing is 10% less than the State.
- Kerrville. Kerrville is undoubtedly a large town with a population of over 20,000. It is 60 miles northwest of San Antonio. A good percentage of the citizens are within retirement age.
- Granbury. Granbury is a town that may be a bit expensive. However, you have better access to amenities than other towns. It is located about 50 miles to the Southwest of the Fort Worth metro area.
- Aransas Pass. Aransas Pass promises an exciting life similar to that in the big towns but with lesser noise and pollution. It is 16 miles Northeast of Corpus Christi.
- Fredericksburg. Fredericksburg is an enchanting small town in Texas! Nestled in the heart of the Texas Wine Country, this lovely German enclave has excellent wineries in and around town.
- Dripping Springs. Just 30 minutes west of Austin, Dripping Springs (as the name suggests) is known for its soft but effortlessly enchanting nature, from the gently rolling hills to the turquoise waters of its natural swimming pools.
- Marfa. Tucked away on the edge of West Texas, not far from the Mexican border, Marfa is a whimsical little desert town full of tall tales and legends. Some of the strangest include a fully built-up Prada store on the side of a dusty highway just outside of town and the mysterious (and much debated) Marfa Lights.
- Johnson City. Welcome to wine country! Johnson City proudly serves as one of the jumping-off points for the famous 290 Texas Wine Trail. The stretch of highway that heads west to Fredericksburg is the second most-visited wine touring area in the world.