Jan 08, 2021 · To help viewers confined to their homes this year navigate the latest offerings, we compiled all of the Certified Fresh TV and streaming shows that premiered in 2020 — series that are Fresh with at least 20 critics reviews (five of those being from Top Critics). Below is the list of the best 2020 TV shows, according to critics.
Dec 22, 2020 · The six-episode series is a difficult watch, filled with grief, sorrow, and a true trial on the human spirit, but it's some of the best storytelling and acting in 2020. Watch Now Away
- Ben Travers
- “Better Things” (FX) In a year dominated by abnormality, it’s only fitting that a show celebrating life’s everyday adventures comes out on top. Honest, absorbing, and empathetic, Pamela Adlon’s elite FX series continues to find surprising and relatable new avenues for its family of women.
- “I May Destroy You” (HBO) Michaela Coel’s fiery HBO limited series defies simple explanations. Each of the 10 half-hour episodes can be bitingly funny, yet they’re a far cry from traditional comedy.
- “What We Do in the Shadows” (FX) In the virtual offices of IndieWire, a war has been raging. For months, one faction (rightly) believes that the sixth episode of “What We Do in the Shadows” Season 2, “On the Run” is an instant classic, worthy of every ounce of hubbub it’s stirred up.
- “Normal People” (Hulu) Any 2020 series that can sincerely utilize Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek” without eliciting an eye roll (or worse) must be doing a lot of things right, and Sally Rooney’s adaptation of her own 2018 novel serves as an ideal adaptation in every way.
- Better Call Saul Season 5 (AMC) So many of us were completely flummoxed by the fact that Season 5 of Better Call Saul was almost entirely ignored by this year's Emmys — mostly because this was, once again, the best season yet of the show.
- BoJack Horseman Season 6 (Netflix) In some ways, it's hard to say that BoJack Horseman really stuck the landing with its final batch of episodes, but that's because it made a choice which, the more I think about it, feels truly brave: It didn't really try to end.
- I May Destroy You (HBO) Most TV is a collaborative effort, but then every once in a while you get a series where one voice gets a chance to really speak.
- Harley Quinn Seasons 1-2 (DC Universe/HBO Max) In all the drama surrounding 2020's new crop of streaming services, there was at least one happy ending: Warner Media transferred Harley Quinn from DC Universe to HBO Max, allowing millions more subscribers the opportunity to enjoy the pure chaotic energy of this incredibly funny and wild show.
Feb 07, 2021 · 5 The Queen's Gambit - 8.6. The Queen's Gambit became one of the most talked-about and the most-watched miniseries on Netflix in 2020. A young orphan becomes one of the best chess players, but she seeks to beat the world champion, Vasily Borgov.
Among the TV English-language series airing or streaming their premiere season from January 1, 2020 through August 16, 2020, these 10 new shows had the highest IMDb customer ratings. IMDb ratings are determined by customers who rank films and TV shows on a 10-point scale.