An Alcatraz tour is a four-part trip:
- The ferry ride to Alcatraz
- The audio tour of the prison
- Exploring the island
- The ferry ride home
People also ask
When is the best time to visit Alcatraz Island?
Is Alcatraz open for tours?
Is the Alcatraz Tour worth it?
Is Alcatraz worth visiting?
All Alcatraz Island tours depart from and return to Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, located along San Francisco’s northern waterfront promenade, on The Embarcadero near the intersection of The Embarcadero and Bay Streets. We are located approximately 1/4 mile from San Francisco’s beloved Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Tour Options
Alcatraz Tours - Experience Alcatraz Island with the only...
- Manage Your Booking
Alcatraz Day Tour; Alcatraz Night Tour; Alcatraz Behind The...
- Alcatraz & Angel Island Combo Tour
Plan your day for both leisure and excitement while learning...
- Tour Options
May 26, 2020 · Alcatraz reveals stories of American incarceration, justice, and our common humanity. This small island was once a fort, a military prison, and a maximum security federal penitentiary. In 1969, the Indians of All Tribes occupied Alcatraz for 19 months in the name of freedom and Native American civil rights.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Service Advisory: COVID-19 Service Update: Booking Alcatraz Island for tour dates from Monday, August 17th through December 31st, 2020. Day Tours Only. Limited Hours and Capacity. View Advisory. Due to COVID-19, the tour does not have access to the interior of any buildings including the Cellhouse and Cellhouse audio tour.
- Ferries depart from Pier 33, San Francisco, 94123
- Combo Tour: Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Grand City Tour. 2098. Explore San Francisco and Alcatraz on this 2-in-1 tour. Hop aboard a ferry for a scenic ride to Alcatraz and enjoy the award-winning audio walking tour.
- Alcatraz Tour with Relaxed Lunch 46 Guarantee your visit to Alcatraz when you book in advance. In addition to an organized departure time, your package also includes admission to the prison, along with an award-winning audio guide.
- Alcatraz Tour plus Muir Woods and Sausalito Day Trip. 1088. Experience some of the Bay Area’s top attractions on this Alcatraz and Muir Woods tour that also includes a stop in Sausalito.
- Early Access to Alcatraz and Cable Car Sightseeing Tour. 1063. Visit Alcatraz Island before most visitors arrive and tour San Francisco on a motorized classic cable car.
NEW TOUR! Get tickets to Alcatraz Island and cruise on the San Francisco Bay. Tour Alcatraz, the infamous and notorious former federal prison, which is home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud. From: $88.26 US Dollars. More Info Add to cart
The Alcatraz Night Tour provides an engaging evening Alcatraz experience with special programs. This tour includes a personally narrated boat tour around the island; guided tours from the dock to the main prison building; "Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour".
Apr 27, 2020 · Welcome to Alcatraz Island! Part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area Plan on spending at least a few hours on Alcatraz exploring the exhibits, checking out the video presentations or audio tours.
Visit Alcatraz Island with Alcatraz prison entrance tickets included and combined with city tours of San Francisco Bay Area attractions, outdoor activities, state and national parks, California wine country, Napa and much more
- Alcatraz Highlights
- Important Alcatraz Tour Information
- Alcatraz Schedule Information
- Alcatraz Tour Cancellation Policy & Terms
- Important Ordering Information
Today Alcatraz swarms with tourists -- about a million a year -- but for 30 years it was the most infamous prison in the country. It housed prisoners too notorious or dangerous to be held elsewhere. Its inhabitants included Al Capone, George \\"Machine Gun\\" Kelly, and Robert Franklin Stroud, the Birdman of Alcatraz. In 1933, the Federal Bureau of Prisons used the facility as a maximum security prison. It was closed in 1963 due to its expense.Your trip to Alcatraz departs on a ferry from Pier 33...
This tour does not offer hotel pick-up or drop-off. The Alcatraz ferry departs from Pier 33.Please note that we will be sold out of Alcatraz tickets many days this year. Order your Alcatraz Tickets today to avoid missing out on the opportunity to see the most popular tourist attraction in San Francisco.
WeatherThe weather in San Francisco and at Alcatraz can change suddenly. It can be cold and foggy one morning and sunny that afternoon. Be prepared, and dress in layers. Fog is common from June through September; temperatures may range from 38 degrees F (3 degress C) to 75 degrees G (24 degrees C).ParkingOn-street parking can be difficult to find, and parking spaces usually have a two-hour maximum time limit, which doesn't work for this tour. There are numerous commercial lots. Please arrive...
1. YOUR ORDER DOES NOT GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY OF TICKETS. ALCATRAZ TICKETS ARE OFTEN SOLD OUT FOR SPECIFIC DATES AND TIMES. YOUR ORDER IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A SECOND EMAIL FROM US ADVISING THAT THE ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED AND CONFIRMED. YOU WILL RECEIVE TWO EMAILS FROM US; THE FIRST WILL CONFIRM THAT YOUR ORDER WAS PLACED AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED. IT IS THE SECOND EMAIL THAT WILL CONFIRM THE AVAILABILITY OF THE TICKETS AND THAT THE TICKETS WERE SECURED FOR YOU. 2. Alcatraz...
1. Please read this information BEFORE ordering Alcatraz tickets. By purchasing, you are indicating that you have read and agree to the following. 2. Your Alcatraz Tickets: 1. We provide a booking service for purchasing Alcatraz tickets. The price includes our per-ticket booking fee and processing fee of $6 to $15. Your order authorizes us to purchase the tickets in your name. 2. TICKETS MUST BE PICKED UP BY THE CARDHOLDER. If you are using your credit card to purchase Alcatraz Tickets, you...