- When They See Us (2019) It doesn’t get much more mature than Ava DuVernay’s 5-part mini-series. When They See Us tells the real-life story of five boys – Antron McCray, Yusef Salaam, Kevin Richardson, Raymond Santana Jr., and Korey Wise – who were wrongly accused of rape and sentenced to prison.
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj (2018 – present) Hasan Minhaj reads like your best friend (currently) in high school, giving you the details on all the disastrous events going on in the political clique in a hushed tone.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005 – 2008) Yes, Avatar was a children’s show created by Nickelodeon back in 2005, but having a young audience never stopped Sesame Street from talking about the important issues.
- Daredevil (2015 – 2018) (Parental guidance advised, though to be fair, we did say “mature messaging.”) Based on the Marvel comic book, Netflix’s Daredevil tells the story of Matt Murdock, a blind lawyer who received heightened senses when his vision was taken by a vat of acid.
Netflix Top 10 TV Shows Today: What's Actually Worth Watching?
Netflix has a new drama hit on its hands. The Lincoln Lawyer, a legal drama from prolific, influential creator David E. Kelley and bestselling author Michael ...
22 hours ago
35 of the best Netflix shows to binge watch next
Not sure what to watch next? Check out these recommendations for the best Netflix shows, including originals, for couples, kids, teens, to learn Spanish with, and of all time.
TODAY via Yahoo
21 hours ago
Dec 09, 2020 · This teen drama centered on a wealthy private high school from Spain was a surprise hit when it first dropped on Netflix in 2018, and it’s easy to see why: a juicy murder mystery that runs through the entire season, obscene displays of wealth, and lots and lots of sex.
- Thrillist Entertainment
People also ask
Why is the Americans so popular on Netflix?
Is Dear White people worth watching on Netflix?
Is Jessica Jones worth watching?
Is bloodline worth watching?
May 10, 2022 · Netflix Bridgerton 2 seasons, 16 episodes | IMDb: 7.4/10 The first creation to come from Netflix’s partnership with prolific TV show creator Shonda Rhimes is this Regency Era romance series that...
- Dustin Rowles
- Courtney Campbell
- Riverdale. There's never too much to say about 'Riverdale. ' Riverdale is a fever dream I can’t wake up from. This CW show is (and I can’t emphasize this enough) loosely based on the Archie comics of the same name and takes the epic highs and lows of high school football to the next level.
- Outer Banks. The show that saved us all in 2020. I’m not lying when I say that the Outer Banks single-handedly saved me at the beginning of quarantine.
- Euphoria. This show touches on dark issues. I like to describe Euphoria as Degrassi on drugs. This dark teen drama show centers around Rue (Zendaya), a recovering drug addict who falls in love with her new transgender classmate Jules (Hunter Schafer).
- One Tree Hill. Every wild high school experience occurs in the show—including teen marriage. One Tree Hill is the pinnacle of 2000s teen dramas: basketball, half-brother rivalries, high school weddings, murders, stalkers, a budding music career.
Dec 15, 2021 · Here are a few others that were suggested that are good for both tweens and teens: Lost (Hulu) Stargate Atlantis (Hulu) Smallville (Hulu) The Flash (Netflix) SuperGirl (Netflix) Agents of Shield (Netflix) When Calls The Heart (Netflix/Hallmark Channel) The Good Witch (Netflix/Hallmark Channel)
Sep 30, 2021 · The other installment in the franchise have plenty to offer, but the original series is so wonderful and smart it’s worth watching at least once through during your life. 44. “Stranger Things”