- related to: twelfth night
Twelfth Night, or What You Will is a romantic comedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written around 1601–1602 as a Twelfth Night's entertainment for the close of the Christmas season. The play centres on the twins Viola and Sebastian , who are separated in a shipwreck.
Twelfth Night 2022
- Wednesday, January 5
Twelfth Night (also known as Epiphany Eve) is a festival in some branches of Christianity that takes place on the last night of the Twelve Days of Christmas, marking the coming of the Epiphany. Different traditions mark the date of Twelfth Night as either 5 January or 6 January , depending on whether the counting begins on Christmas Day or 26 ...
Oct 25, 1996 · Brother and sister Viola and Sebastian, who are not only very close but look a great deal alike, are in a shipwreck, and both think the other dead. When she lands in a foreign country, Viola dresses as her brother and adopts the name Cesario, becoming a trusted friend and confidante to the Count Orsino.
- Trevor Nunn
- 2 min
Twelfth Night (1996) (852) IMDb 7.2 2 h 13 min 1996 PG “Twelfth Night” – one of William Shakespeare’s most wild and raucous romantic comedies – begins when Viola and Sebastian, nearly identical-looking siblings, survive a disaster at sea.
- SCENE I. DUKE ORSINO's palace. Enter DUKE ORSINO, CURIO, and other Lords; Musicians attending. DUKE ORSINO. If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
- SCENE I. The sea-coast. Enter ANTONIO and SEBASTIAN. ANTONIO. Will you stay no longer? nor will you not that I go with you? SEBASTIAN. By your patience, no. My stars shine darkly over.
- SCENE I. OLIVIA's garden. Enter VIOLA, and Clown with a tabour. VIOLA. Save thee, friend, and thy music: dost thou live by. thy tabour? Clown. No, sir, I live by the church.
- SCENE I. Before OLIVIA's house. Enter SEBASTIAN and Clown. Clown. Will you make me believe that I am not sent for you? SEBASTIAN. Go to, go to, thou art a foolish fellow
People also ask
What is the plot of Twelfth Night?
What is the moral of Twelfth Night?
What is the tragedy in Twelfth Night?
Why is Twelfth Night a comedy?
Twelfth Night, in full Twelfth Night; or, What You Will, comedy in five acts by William Shakespeare, written about 1600–02 and printed in the First Folio of 1623 from a transcript of an authorial draft or possibly a playbook.
Twelfth Night The tale of a young woman who disguises herself as a man and becomes entangled in the courtship of two local aristocrats upends conventions of romance and gender roles. First staged in 1602, Twelfth Night is one of Shakespeare’s most performed plays. Read a character analysis of Viola, plot summary, and important quotes.
Twelfth Night Named for the twelfth night after Christmas, the end of the Christmas season, Twelfth Night plays with love and power. The Countess Olivia, a woman with her own household, attracts Duke (or Count) Orsino. Two other would-be suitors are her pretentious steward, Malvolio, and Sir Andrew Aguecheek.
- related to: twelfth night
fineartamerica.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month