The first president, George Washington, won a unanimous vote of the Electoral College; one, Grover Cleveland, served two non-consecutive terms and is therefore counted as the 22nd and 24th president of the United States (giving rise to the discrepancy between the number of presidents and the number of persons who have served as president).
- George Washington. The 1st President of the United States.
- John Adams. The 2nd President of the United States.
- Thomas Jefferson. The 3rd President of the United States.
- James Madison. The 4th President of the United States.
Chronological List of Presidents, First Ladies, and Vice Presidents of the United States Selected Images From the Collections of the Library of Congress. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 20540-4730
Donald Trump. (2017 – 2021) ( 1946-06-14) June 14, 1946 (age 75) President Joe Biden with former Presidents Donald Trump, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter during the funeral of George H. W. Bush December 5, 2018.
People also ask
Who are the best American presidents?
Which US President was the best?
How many US presidents served more than one term as president?
Who were the last 10 presidents of the US?
United States - United States - Presidents of the United States: The table provides a list of the presidents of the United States. The table provides a list of the ...
- George Washington (April 30, 1789—March 4, 1797). No party. The 1st U.S. President. Washington served two terms. An American War General in the American Revolutionary War.
- John Adams (March 4, 1797—March 4, 1801). Federalist. The second President of the United States was a man who resided in New England and was a prominent attorney and politician from Boston.
- Thomas Jefferson (March 4, 1801—March 1809). Democratic-Republican. The third President of the United States was one of the contributing writers of the Declaration of Independence.
- James Madison (March 4, 1809—March 4, 1817). Democratic-Republican. Madison is revered as the “Father of the Constitution” and the writer of the U.S. Bill of rights.
This is a list of presidents of the United States by age.The first table charts the age of each United States president at the time of presidential inauguration (first inauguration if elected to multiple and consecutive terms), upon leaving office, and at the time of death.
- George Washington (1789-1797) The nation's first president ranked above all others for moral authority, economic management, and overall performance within the context of his times.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945) Historians laud Franklin D. Roosevelt for his skills at party leadership, ranking him first among all presidents in that category.
- Abraham Lincoln (1861-1865) Among all the U.S. presidents, Lincoln takes second place for leadership ability and third place overall in the Siena survey.
- Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt (1901-1909) Theodore Roosevelt ranked highly for public persuasion and willingness to take risks. Just 42 when he became the youngest president in the nation's history, he had the excitement and energy to convince Congress to pass progressive reforms and a strong foreign policy — exemplified by his motto, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
- John Quincy Adams. Dec. at 81 (1767-1848) Birthplace: Braintree, Massachusetts, United States of America. Presidency: 6. V.P.: John C. Calhoun. Profession: Politician, Diplomat, Attorney at law, Lawyer.
- Thomas Jefferson. Dec. at 83 (1743-1826) Birthplace: Shadwell, Virginia, United States of America. Presidency: 3. V.P.: Aaron Burr, George Clinton. Profession: Statesman, Inventor, Author, Farmer, Architect.
- John F. Kennedy. Dec. at 46 (1917-1963) Birthplace: Brookline, Massachusetts, United States of America. Presidency: 35. V.P.: Lyndon B. Johnson. Profession: Politician, Military Officer, Author, Writer.
- Bill Clinton. Age: 74. Birthplace: Hope, Arkansas, USA. Presidency: 42. V.P.: Al Gore. Profession: Statesman, Politician, Author, Lawyer, Teacher. Alleged IQ: 159.