1 day ago · The Vienna Central Cemetery (German: Wiener Zentralfriedhof) is one of the largest cemeteries in the world by number of interred, and is the most well-known cemetery among Vienna's nearly 50 cemeteries. The cemetery's name is descriptive of its significance as Vienna's biggest cemetery, not of its geographic location, as it is not in the city ...
- 2.4 square kilometres (590 acres)
- over 330,000 graves
- Simmering, Vienna, Austria
The Central Cemetery, which opened in 1874, is much more than just a last resting place. Around two square kilometers in area, it is the second largest cemetery in Europe. Accordingly, you can find a parallel world here that could scarcely offer more in the way of variety.
- Simmeringer Hauptstraße 234, Vienna, 1110
- 01 53469
Central Cemetery (Zentralfriedhof) Simmeringer Hauptstraße 234 1110 Vienna http://www.friedhoefewien.at +43 1 534 69; Opening times. 03 November to the end of February daily, 08:00 - 17:00 March daily, 07:00 - 18:00 April to September daily, 07:00 - 19:00 October to 02 November daily, 07:00 - 18:00 Accessibility. Main entrance. no steps ...
People also ask
What is Vienna Central Cemetery?
What is Central Cemetery?
Who built the Central Cemetery in Simmering?
Who is buried in the Central Cemetery?
Central Cemetery (Zentralfriedhof) Simmeringer Hauptstraße 234. 1110 Vienna. http://www.friedhoefewien.at. +43 1 534 69. Stretching over more than two square kilometers, the great Central Cemetery hosts perhaps the world's largest concentration of memorials honoring the dead.
Feb 24, 2023 · The Vienna Central Cemetery (German: Wiener Zentralfriedhof) is one of the largest cemeteries in the world, largest by number of interred in Europe and most famous cemetery among Vienna's nearly 50 cemeteries. The cemetery's name is descriptive of its significance as Vienna's biggest cemetery...
20 hours ago · At the time it opened in July 1896, it was the longest electric streetcar line in the world.  In 1902, the railroad moved its station, as the Belt Line's tracks were circling the block containing the site of a planned new District Building (now the John A. Wilson Building ).