Vietnam at 24 Frames a Second A Critical and Thematic Analysis of Over 400 Films About the ...
Best Vietnam War Movies. 1. Go Tell the Spartans (1978) R | 114 min | Drama, War. 2. We Were Soldiers (2002) 3. Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) 4. The Green Berets (1968) 5. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- Platoon (1986) R | 120 min | Drama, War 8.1 Rate 92 Metascore Chris Taylor, a neophyte recruit in Vietnam, finds...
- Apocalypse Now (1979) R | 147 min | Drama, Mystery, War 8.5 Rate 94 Metascore A U.S. Army officer serving in Vietnam...
- Full Metal Jacket (1987) R | 116 min | Drama, War 8.3 Rate 78 Metascore A pragmatic U.S. Marine observes the...
- Forrest Gump (1994) - Director: Robert Zemeckis. - IMDb user rating: 8.8. - Metascore: 82. - Runtime: 142 minutes. Slow-minded country boy Forrest Gump's epic life is told from childhood to adulthood, as he lives through and directly participates in many major historical events—including the Vietnam War.
- Apocalypse Now (1979) - Director: Francis Ford Coppola. - IMDb user rating: 8.4. - Metascore: 94. - Runtime: 147 minutes. Loosely based on Joseph Conrad's novella "Heart of Darkness," the story centers on Captain Willard's task of finding an AWOL Army Special Forces officer who has gone reclusive within the Vietnamese jungle—and reportedly lost his mind.
- Full Metal Jacket (1987) - Director: Stanley Kubrick. - IMDb user rating: 8.3. - Metascore: 76. - Runtime: 116 minutes. Class clown Private Davis and dim-witted Private Lawrence are inducted through basic training in preparation for being sent off to Vietnam, where they endure vitriol-spewing drill instructor Hartman.
- Hearts and Minds (1974) - Director: Peter Davis. - IMDb user rating: 8.2. - Metascore: 68. - Runtime: 112 minutes. With its title based on a quote by President Lyndon Johnson, this documentary juxtaposes shocking, revealing interviews with military figures with scenes of horrific violence and brutality in Vietnam.
- Senior Culture Editor
- The Deer Hunter (1978) Michael Cimino's grand and majestic war epic earned five Oscars (including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor for Christopher Walken).
- Hearts and Minds (1974) Peter Davis's Oscar-winning documentary exposes the American influence in Vietnam and the long, seemingly endless war that the United States government prolonged.
- Apocalypse Now (1979) Francis Ford Coppola's war epic takes inspiration from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, changing the novel's setting from the Belgian Congo to the Vietnam-Cambodia border.
- Full Metal Jacket (1987) Stanley Kubrick's take on the war film is, naturally, slightly off-center. Starring Matthew Modine as a young Marine, Full Metal Jacket says more about the military itself rather than the conflict in which it participates, exposing the dehuminazation process that begins in boot-camp training and ultimately sees its tragic end in the extreme, outlandish arena of the battlefield.
People also ask
Was the public lied to about the Vietnam War?
Did the Vietnam War hurt or help Vietnam?
What are facts about the Vietnam War?
What are the main causes for the Vietnam War?