- Germany's capital city is akin to Paris and London in that you just can't visit the country without going here. Like many large cities, Berlin truly offers something for everyone, from a lively nightlife scene to beautiful green spaces.
- Visitors flock to Munich every fall to take part in Oktoberfest, a two-week-long festival featuring Germany's best beers and bratwurst.
- Hamburg is home to Germany's largest cruise port, the Elbe river and hundreds of canals that flow through the city center, making it an excellent place to explore by boat.
- While the thought of visiting Germany during winter might initially induce panic, travelers should seriously consider braving the conditions to experience the city during Christmas.
Oct 15, 2020 · Explore Germany holidays and discover the best time and places to visit. Germany's best sights and local secrets, from travel experts you can trust. | Prepare for a roller-coaster ride of feasts, treats and temptations experiencing Germany's soul-stirring scenery, spirit-lifting culture, big-city beauties, romantic palaces and half-timbered towns.
Though it remains far less well known or understood by outsiders than some of its neighbours, since reunification Germany has at last gained a higher profile as a place to visit, thanks partly to the remarkable resurgence of Berlin, one of the most fascinating and exciting cities in Europe.
- Berlin Where to Stay in Berlin. A federal state and the capital city of Germany, Berlin is widely associated with its World War II history and former division of East and West Germany by the Berlin Wall during the Cold War.
- Munich Where to Stay in Munich. Best known as the origin of the world famous Oktoberfest, Munich is a major international hub for research and technology.
- Fussen. Set in a scenic spot at the foot of the Alps, Fussen is the last stop on the Romantic Road and can be found right in the south of Bavaria, just a kilometer from the Austrian border.
- Heidelberg Where to Stay in Heidelberg. With historic treasures like the medieval Old Bridge, the Heidelberg Castle, the Church of the Holy Spirit and the Knight St. George House, it is no wonder that Heidelberg is a popular tourist attraction.
Oct 30, 2019 · Germany offers such a wealth and variety of tourist attractions, both great and small, that sometimes it seems hard to know where to start on a visit. Our impulse behind writing guides on visiting Germany was to help not just tourists, but also the adventurous international readership of our site to make the most of their time here in Germany.
Mar 25, 2016 · 15 Best Places to Visit in Germany The great heartland of Central Europe, Germany rolls from the icy waves of the North Sea to the foothills of the Alps and the lakes of Switzerland.
Jan 09, 2020 · 20 Best Cities to Visit in Germany Fussen and Neuschwanstein Castle. While many travelers pass through Fussen and head straight to Neuschwanstein Castle... Berlin. This sprawling, green city is five times larger than Paris, spread out over a vast expanse with forests in every... Hamburg. Second only ...
- Berlin. Berlin is the capital and the biggest city in Germany. After being separated into East and West during the Cold War, Berlin was reunited in 1990.
- Munich. Munich is known in Germany as München. It is the capital of Bavaria and gateway to the Alps. This quintessential German city is the land of lederhosen, giant schweinshaxe (ham hocks), and Oktoberfest.
- Frankfurt. Thanks to its International Airport, Frankfurt is the major travel hub for Germany and much of Europe. Many travelers arrive in this modern city and pass right through, but Frankfurt is worth stopping for.
- Hamburg. Hamburg is the country's second largest city located in the North of Germany. Several waterways run through its center and Hamburg has more bridges than Amsterdam and Venice combined.
There really is no bad time to visit Germany, but the best time to visit Germany is May when the weather has finally warmed, crowds of tourists have yet to arrive, the cherry blossoms are in bloom, and Berlin has exploded into festival season. However, there are several factors that could influence when you visit Germany.
Besides the top sights, Berlin has a lot more to offer. Berlin has been the stage for a lot of world history and not just the fall of the Berlin Wall. You can still discover the traces of history in countless places around the capital. Berlin is also a proper shopping destination.