en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Balkan_War#:~:text=The First Balkan War (Bulgarian: Балканска война; Greek:,Serbia, Greece and Montenegro) against the Ottoman Empire.
- The First Balkan War (Bulgarian: Балканска война; Greek: Αʹ Βαλκανικός πόλεμος; Serbian: Први балкански рат, Prvi Balkanski rat; Turkish: Birinci Balkan Savaşı) lasted from October 1912 to May 1913 and involved actions of the Balkan League (the Kingdoms of Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Montenegro) against the Ottoman Empire.
People also ask
Who was the leader of the US in 1914?
What was a result of the war of 1912?
What was the Balkan civil war?
What was the Treaty of 1812?
Montenegro started the First Balkan War by declaring war against the Ottomans on 8 October [O.S. 25 September] 1912. The western part of the Balkans, including Albania, Kosovo, and Macedonia, was less important to the resolution of the war and the survival of the Ottoman Empire than the Thracian theatre, where the Bulgarians fought major battles against the Ottomans.
The Battle of Masaya took place on 19 September 1912, during the American occupation of Nicaragua of 1912—1925 and the Nicaraguan civil war of 1912.
The series of bilateral treaties between Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia and Montenegro that created the Balkan League was completed in 1912, with the First Balkan War (1912-1913) beginning with a Montenegrin attack on 8 October 1912, ten days before Treaty of Lausanne.
- 29 September 1911 – 18 October 1912, (1 year, 2 weeks and 5 days)
- Italian victory, Annexation of Tripolitania, Cyrenaica and the Dodecanese Islands, Start of the First Balkan War, Start of the Libyan resistance movement
The Battle of Sorovich (Greek: Μάχη του Σόροβιτς, Turkish: Soroviç Muharebesi) took place between 22–24 October 1912 (O.S.). It was a battle fought between Greek and Ottoman forces during the First Balkan War, and revolved around the Sorovich area. The 5th Greek Division which had been advancing through western Macedonia separately from the bulk of the Greek army, encamped at Sorovich where it found itself to be heavily outnumbered by an opposing Ottoman force.
The Balkan Wars consisted of two conflicts that took place in the Balkan Peninsula in 1912 and 1913. Four Balkan states defeated the Ottoman Empire in the First Balkan War.In the Second Balkan War, Bulgaria fought against all four original combatants of the first war along with facing a surprise attack from Romania from the north.
- 8 October 1912 – 18 July 1913, (9 months, 1 week and 3 days), First Balkan War:, 8 October 1912 – 30 May 1913, (7 months, 3 weeks and 1 day), Second Balkan War:, 29 June – 10 August 1913, (1 month, 1 week and 5 days)
- First Balkan War:, Balkan League victory, Treaty of London, Second Balkan War:, Treaty of Bucharest, Treaty of Constantinople
The Progressive Party (often referred to as the "Bull Moose Party") was a third party in the United States formed in 1912 by former president Theodore Roosevelt after he lost the presidential nomination of the Republican Party to his former protégé and conservative rival, incumbent president William Howard Taft.
1912 was a leap year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar and a leap year starting on Sunday of the Julian calendar, the 1912th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 912th year of the 2nd millennium, the 12th year of the 20th century, and the 3rd year of the 1910s decade. As of the start of 1912, the ...
The War of 1812 was a conflict fought between the United States and its allies, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and its allies. It began when the United States declared war in June 1812 and ended in a stalemate when a peace treaty agreed to earlier was ratified by the United States in February 1815.
- 18 June 1812 – 17 February 1815, (2 years and 8 months)
- Draw, Treaty of Ghent, Military stalemate, Defeat of Tecumseh's Confederacy, For its aftermath, see Memory and historiography of the War of 1812 and Results of the War of 1812