Aug 15, 2023 · last updated August 15, 2023 Warren Buffett's stock picks ain't what they used to be. The Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) equity portfolio has changed dramatically over the past few years....
- 546,215.00Add to watchlist-4,815.00 (-0.87%)At close: Fri. Sep 22, 2023 4:00 PM EDT · Delayed Quote (USD) · Market closed
Morningstar Published August 15 · Berkshire Hathaway is a holding company with a wide array of subsidiaries engaged in diverse activities. The firm's core business segment is... Read moreTop storiesThe Best Warren Buffett Stocks to Buy With $300 Right NowThe Motley Fool · 1 day agoWarren Buffett Bought the Wrong HP Stock: Here's How Investors Can Avoid the Same MistakeThe Motley Fool · 4 days ago1 No-Brainer Buffett Investment to Buy Right NowThe Motley Fool · 1 day ago
- Mkt Cap785.29BP/E (TTM)9.28Div & YieldN/A & N/A
- Prev. Close551,030.0052 Wk. Low393,012.0052 Wk. High566,570.00
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 71. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Holdings: $13,216,875,439. Percentage of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Portfolio: 4.06%
- The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ:KHC) Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 39. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Holdings: $12,592,298,412. Percentage of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Portfolio: 3.87%
- Moody's Corporation (NYSE:MCO) Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 55. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Holdings: $7,549,445,464. Percentage of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Portfolio: 2.32%
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) Number of Hedge Fund Holders: 129. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Holdings: $4,231,550,856. Percentage of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Portfolio: 1.3%
People also ask
Are all Warren Buffett stocks Berkshire Hathaway's picks?
What did Warren Buffett do in Q1 2023?
When did Warren Buffett start selling?
Sep 1, 2023 · The following 10 stocks are ranked by the percentage share of Berkshire Hathaway’s overall equity portfolio. All figures are sourced from the company’s most recent 13F filing with the...
- Buffett's Quarterly Portfolio Disclosures
- Buffett's Top Stock Holdings by Size
- Buffett on Diversification
- Stocks Buffett Recently Sold
- Stocks Buffett Recently Bought
- Buffett's Top Stock Picks
- Long-Term Focus
- Invest in What You Know
- Act on Bargains
- Trade Against The Grain
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requires Berkshire Hathaway to disclose its stock holdings quarterly via Form 13F. That gives investors everywhere a line of sight into which stocks Buffett and his team are buying and selling. Unfortunately, there is a lag in the data. Berkshire's most recent 13F, filed on February 14, 2023, outlines th...
Berkshire's stock portfolio at the end of the fourth quarter had a market value of roughly $299 billion, up about $3 billion from the end of the third quarter. That value is spread across 49 stocks. You can see the portfolio's top 10 holdings by market value in the table below. Source: SEC filings. An obvious takeaway from the table is the lack of ...
Buffett is famously against the practice of diversification. In his words, "diversification is protection against ignorance." He's not wrong there. Diversification limits the downside effect of bad decisions. But it's the other side of that equation where Buffett has an issue. Diversification also limits the upside of good investing decisions. Stil...
Buffett is known for his long-term investing strategy. He tends to buy companies he can hold forever. When he closes or reduces positions, that's a signal. At a minimum, it means he believes Berkshire's investing dollar can be better deployed elsewhere. That happens when the stock's long-term potential deteriorates or gets outpaced by other stocks....
Berkshire expanded its holdings in three stocks in the fourth quarter, as shown in the table below. Paramount Global (PARA) and Louisiana Pacific (LPX) were new positions in Berkshire’s portfolio last year. Buffett first bought ParamountPARA 0.0%in the first quarter of 2022 and Louisiana Pacific in the third quarter of 2022. He's owned Apple since ...
Every stock in Buffett's portfolio has long-term potential. But some might be better fits for your investment goals than others. The table below shows 11 Buffett stock picks that analysts like for 2023, including four solid dividend stocks: Apple, Coca-ColaKO 0.0%, General MotorsGM +1.2%and Visa. Source: Morningstar. To make these stocks work for y...
Buffett does not invest for quick gains. The surest path to wealth creation in his mind involves compound growth over decades. Knowing that, you should never assume a Buffett stock is going to pop quickly. Have patience and look past the temporary downturns.
If you don't understand a company's business model, don't invest in it. Buffett himself has historically been light on tech stocks for this reason. As a shareholder, you should grasp how the company makes its money, what its lasting competitive advantages are, and the potential threats to those competitive advantages. Without that insight, it's har...
Buffett likes a good deal. In his view, a temporarily low stock price gives you a head start on long-term appreciation. This doesn't mean you should buy cheap stocks, however. Look for value instead. You can find value in good companies at efficient prices.
Buffett likes to buy when other investors are selling and sell when other investors are buying. Trading against the grain is one of the best ways to ramp up your long-term investing profits. Many investors don't follow this practice because it's scary. It can feel wrong to buy stocks when the market is in a tailspin. Likewise, selling in a rising m...
Aug 22, 2021 · By Todd Campbell – Aug 22, 2021 at 8:15AM Key Points Warren Buffett is one of the world's wealthiest people. Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio is valued over $293 billion. These are the Oracle...