- While Green Lantern John Stewart was the first black superhero in DC Comics, Black Lightning was less than inspired by his heroics. Warning: spoilers ahead for The Other History of the DC Universe #1!
Why Black Lightning Found Green Lantern John Stewart A Disappointment
People also ask
Who was Black Hand in Green Lantern?
Who is the Green Lantern in the Silver Age?
When did the Green Lantern come out in DC Comics?
Who are the Black Lantern Corps?
Jun 9, 2021 · The thing is, the first of the modern Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan, has no fear to overcome. He's been fearless since he saw his father die in a plane crash as a child.
- Related Articles
In the first version during the Silver Age, in Showcase #22, the Green Lantern was Hal Jordan, a test pilot who was given a power ring by a dying alien, Abin Sur, and who became a member of the Green Lantern Corps, an interstellar organization of police overseen by the Guardians of the Universe. The Corps' rings were powerless against anything colored yellow, due to a necessary impurity in the ring. The Silver Age Green Lantern was unique in several ways.
Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn
Feb 16, 2021 · Green Lantern has become one of DC's most prominent flagship properties since its initial debut in All-American Comics #16 in 1940. Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern introduced into the DC Universe and was created by cartoonist Martin Nodell.
- Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern. The original Green Lantern that Martin Nodell created is named Alan Scott, first appearing in 1940's All-American Comics #16.
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. As the 1950s drew to a close, DC Comics began bringing back old heroes with new looks and updated origins. A new Green Lantern was introduced in 1959's Showcase #22: Hal Jordan, a test pilot who gets his ring and lantern from an alien in a crashed spaceship.
- Guy Gardner, a Green Lantern for the '80s. In 1968, John Broome and Gil Kane introduced the idea that there must be more than one human man on the entire Earth who could have become Green Lantern.
- John Stewart becomes Green Lantern in the '70s. In 1971, writer Dennis O'Neil and artist Neal Adams didn't care about Guy Gardner, but they did like the idea of bringing in another human Green Lantern.
Jun 24, 2021 · William Hand, aka Black Hand, made his first appearance in 1964's Green Lantern #29, by John Broome and Gil Kane. Black Hand was originally a villain who could drain ambient energy from Green Lantern's power ring. Over time, however, Black Hand degenerated into a much darker kind of villain.