- Gau – A name of Basque origin meaning ‘night’. Imoo – African origin and means ‘darkness, dusk’. Nishant – This is a name of Sanskrit origin meaning ‘end of night’. Orpheus – Means ‘the darkness of night’ and is of Ancient Greek origin.
People also ask
Does darkness have a name?
What are synonyms for darkness?
How would you describe darkness?
What is an antonym for darkness?
Apr 03, 2009 · Well Necro, Necros, Shadow, Abyssion, Abyss, and Umi all mean some form of darkness. Why was the ocean of darkness names the ocean of darkness? bec. it is dark What does darkness mean? darkness...
a : the total or near total absence of light There was almost no light when he opened his eyes again. The darkness of night was thick and for a moment he began to panic again. — Gary Paulsen. b (1) : the quality of being dark in shade or color the darkness of the old wooden floor the darkness of these blues and greens : dark color or colors In O'Donnell's paintings, darkness pre-dominates.
Mar 30, 2021 · Nephthys - An Egyptian goddess associated with death and mourning. Omisha - Hindi for the “goddess of birth and death.”. Persephone - The name of the Queen of the underworld and the goddess of death in Greek mythology. Shivani - Hindi for "life and death." Tanda - Native American for “the seer of life and death.”.
Jul 01, 2021 · Meaning: “dark complexion” “raven-haired” “black” “dark” Variations: Nagel, Nigella, Niall, Neil, Neel, Nihel, Nigellus Nigel is a common English name derived from the Latin words nigellus and niger, meaning black, dark, or someone of dark complexion or hair.
- Caitlin Willow Greyling
- Leviathan. Leviathan has oddly been rediscovered and amended in line with the cool and fun name Levi which has remained popular for years. Leviathan is a way for new parents to revel in the quirky name but improve on it.
- Mallory. Mallory has a fantastic sound to it, so it’s easy to see why it’s a gorgeous first choice for any mom or dad who are looking for an interesting and unique name.
- Samael. I actually love this name far too much to care about any of its name meanings or connotations. It glides off the tongue so easily and beautifully.
- Thana. Thana is a wolf in sheep's clothing considering it has a more commonly positive name meaning coming from the Muslim meaning "praise". However, in Greek mythology, Thanatos was the Greek god of death, according to Mom Junction.