People also ask
What is the largest city in Northern Ireland?
Is Northern Ireland a city?
What is the Irish Republic?
Cities Nearby List of Cities near Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom The closest ...Dublin141 km / 87.6 milesGlasgow176.3 km / 109.6 milesEdinburgh229.6 km / 142.7 milesLiverpool233.5 km / 145.1 miles
This is an alphabetical list of towns and villages in Northern Ireland.For a list sorted by population, see the list of settlements in Northern Ireland by population.The towns of Armagh, Lisburn and Newry are also classed as cities (see city status in the United Kingdom).
Cities in Northern Ireland. This page lists all of Northern Ireland's five cities. Note that this is the official number of cities in Northern Ireland. These are settlements with an official city charter. Unofficially however it is common for large towns to be referred to as cities, as most people define cities as large towns. Armagh; Belfast ...
May 16, 2019 · The city is part of the Belfast Metropolitan Urban Area. Bangor . Bangor is the fifth largest ...RankCityPopulation1Belfast333,0002Derry85,0163Lisburn71,4654Newtownabbey62,056
- Julie Daunt
- Bangor. Located in County Down, the beautiful town of Bangor is situated on the southern side of Belfast Lough. It is in close proximity to Belfast city and is a popular seaside resort, meaning it is the perfect location for tourists.
- Coleraine. A picturesque town with spectacular waterside views, Coleraine is a popular destination for visitors to Northern Ireland. Located near the mouth of the River Bann in County Derry, the town has a rich history, and it has evidence of one of the earliest human settlements in Ireland.
- Kilkeel. On the coast of County Down, and within the historical barony of Mourne, is the quaint town of Kilkeel. Now one of the main fishing ports in Ireland, Kilkeel’s charm comes from its mixture of ancient ruins, terraced shops and winding streets waiting to be explored.
- Portstewart. A must-visit for any beach lover, Portstewart is located in County Derry. A popular seaside resort, the town of Portstewart contains a harbour, coastal paths and two miles of sandy beaches known as the Strand.
This is a list of settlements in Northern Ireland by population. The fifty largest settlements are ...
Jun 19, 2018 · Most Beautiful Seaside Towns In Northern Ireland. Portrush & Portstewart. Like bread and butter, peas in a pod and the old couple near the end of Titanic, for me these two come as one. The area is the perfect hub for a stay on the North Coast of Ireland and these two towns are separated by just a couple minutes’ drive.
- Dublin. There are only five official cities in the Republic of Ireland (the rest are towns or villages), and Dublin is at the absolute top of the list. 565,000 people call the central urban area of the capital city home, but there are more than 1.8 million people living in the metropolitan area.
- Belfast (Northern Ireland) Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland, which is a part of the United Kingdom. The urban center boasts 340,220 inhabitants, but the wider metropolitan area is home to more than 670,000 people.
- Cork. With 119,230 inhabitants, Cork is one of Ireland’s largest cities but it still manages to feel like a small town with a welcoming attitude and slower pace of life.
- Limerick. After Cork, Limerick is the second largest city in the province of Munster and home to 94,192 inhabitants (with a total of 162,413 people living in the metro area).
- related to: what are the cities in northern ireland near
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month