- related to: what are the festivals in vancouver canada
trivago.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
Through all four seasons, Vancouver's festivals and events celebrate every facet of the city from culinary and culture to performing arts and film events.
Mar 30, 2021 · Vancouver Opera Festival is hosted by Vancouver Opera, the second-largest performing arts organization in the entire British Columbia. This festival is relatively new on the scene as it was first held in 2017. The festival starts around the end of April until early May and usually lasts for two weeks with various pieces.
People also ask
What is a Vancouver Festival?
What are some famous festivals in Canada?
What are some popular events in Vancouver?
Are there any cancelled events in Vancouver BC?
- September 2019 Festivals & Events
- October 2019 Festivals and Events
- November 2019 Festivals & Events
- December 2019 Festivals & Events
- January 2020 Festivals and Events
- February 2020 Festivals and Events
- March 2020 Festivals and Events
- April 2020 Festivals and Events
- May 2020 Festivals and Events
- June 2020 Festivals and Events
- July 2020 Festivals and Events
- August 2020 Festivals and Events
1. Agassiz Fall Fair and Corn Festival – a community fair with a parade, midway, lawn mower races, horse show and crowning of the Corn King and Queen in Agassiz (September 13-14, 2019). 2. Bands on the Beach – two days of FREE music at Harrison Hot Springs (September Long Weekend). 3. Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival – Vancouver’s Shakespearean theatre festival (June 5 to September 21, 2019). 4. BC GranFondo Whistler Bike Race – a bike race in Whistler (September 7, 2019). 5. Bike the...
1. Apple Festival – a fundraising festival featuring live entertainment and 50,000 lbs of apples for sale at the UBC Botanical Garden (October 19 & 20, 2019). 2. Celebrate the Night – a family-friendly Halloween event with fireworks in Maple Ridge (October 27, 2019). 3. Chutzpah Festival – the Vancouver Jewish Performing Arts Festival (October 24 to November 24, 2019). 4. Cloverfest – an Oktoberfest event hosted by the Cloverdale Rotary Club (Note: Cloverfest is not taking place in 2019.) 5....
1. Aurora Winter Festival – a winter-themed Christmas attraction at Concord Pacific Place (late November until late December). 2. Bear Creek Light Festival – Christmas-style lights, lanterns and free family-friendly activities at Surrey’s Bear Creek Park (mid-November). 3. Bright Nights – Christmas lights and miniature train rides in Stanley Park (late November until early January). 4. Canyon Lights – Christmas lights and decorations at Capilano Suspension Bridge (November 22, 2019, until Ja...
1. Christmas Events 1. Aurora Winter Festival – a winter-themed Christmas attraction at Concord Pacific Place (late November until late December). 2. Big Rigs for Kids Lighted Truck Parade – a family-friendly event with decorated big-rig trucks, carols and other activities in Surrey (early December). 3. Carol Ships Shoreline Celebration – a small Christmas event with a large bonfire, live music and a parade of boats lit up with Christmas illuminations (mid-December). 4. Maple Ridge Christmas...
1. Canyon Lights – at Capilano Suspension Bridge (November 22, 2019, until January 26, 2020). 2. Christmas Glow – indoor Christmas attractions in Vancouver (November 21, 2019, until January 5, 2020) and Abbotsford (December 5, 2019, until January 4, 2020). 3. Dine Out Vancouver Festival – special deals at hundreds of local restaurants (January 17 until February 2, 2020). 4. Heritage Christmas – at Burnaby Village Museum (late November until early January). 5. Polar Bear Swims 1. Icy cold dip...
1. BC Family Day – a statutory holiday with special family-friendly activities at various locations on the weekend of February 15-17, 2020. 2. BC Home and Garden Show – a trade show featuring over 400 exhibitors at BC Place Stadium (mid to late February). 3. Chinese New Year Parade – a massive parade in Chinatown (on the Sunday before or after February 25, 2020). 4. Chinese New Year’s Eve – celebrations at the International Buddhist Temple in Richmond (February 24, 2020). 5. Coastal First Na...
1. 24 Hours of Winter – a two-day winter sports event at Grouse Mountain (late March). 2. Brewski Fest – a one-day event featuring free beer samples for adults with Cypress Mountain day ticket and season passes (late March). 3. CelticFest Vancouver – a festival celebrating everything Celtic (mid-March). 4. Coquitlam Craft Beer Festival – at Westwood Plateau Golf Club in Coquitlam (early March). 5. Festival du Bois – BC’s largest francophone festival, held annually in Coquitlam (mid-March). 6...
1. 420 Vancouver – a marijuana-themed festival with market vendors and thousands of people at Sunset Beach (April 20, 2020). 2. Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public in Abbotsford at 36737 North Parallel Road (mid-April to mid-May). 3. Chilliwack Tulip Festival – Western Canada’s largest tulip festival featuring 20 acres of tulips in Chilliwack (early April to early May). 4. Classic & Custom Car Show – an indoor car show at the Tradex Centre in Abbotsford (m...
1. Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public in Abbotsford (mid-April until early May). 2. Chilliwack Tulip Festival – Western Canada’s largest tulip festival featuring 20 acres of tulips in Chilliwack (mid-April until early May). 3. BMO Vancouver International Marathon – a Boston-qualifying marathon starting in Queen Elizabeth Park and finishing in downtown Vancouver (early May). 4. Brahm’s Tams Drumming Circle – informal drumming sessions at Stanley Park’s Thi...
1. Bard on the Beach – Vancouver’s Shakespearean theatre festival (early June until mid to late September). 2. BC Highland Games & Scottish Festival – at Percy Perry Stadium in Coquitlam (June 13, 2020). 3. Brahm’s Tams Drumming Circle – informal drumming sessions at Stanley Park’s Third Beach on Tuesday evenings (when it’s sunny). 4. Car Free Days – celebrations on Denman Street (June 13, 2020) and Main Street (June 14, 2020) over the Father’s Day weekend. 5. 5X Festival (a.k.a., City of Bh...
1. Aldergrove Fair Days – a small-town fair with a parade, chili cook-off, car show and other family-friendly activities in Aldergrove (mid to late July). 2. Bard on the Beach – Vancouver’s Shakespearean theatre festival (June to September). 3. Brahm’s Tams Drumming Circle – informal drumming sessions at Stanley Park’s Third Beach on Tuesday evenings (when it’s sunny). 4. Canada Day Festivities – held on July 1st every year at various locations throughout the region, including in downtown Va...
1. Abbotsford Agrifair – an agricultural fair that includes a midway, amusement rides and animals at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford (July 31 to August 3, 2020). 2. Abbotsford Airshow – Western Canada’s largest airshow (mid-August). 3. Arts Alive Festival – a community arts festival in Langley (mid-August). 4. Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival – Vancouver’s Shakespearean theatre festival (early June to mid-September). 5. BC Day – a statutory holiday on the first Monda...
Bard on the Beach. DOXA Documentary Film Festival. PuSh International Performing Arts Festival. Vancouver Asian Film Festival. Vancouver Fringe Festival. Vancouver International Film Festival. Vancouver Queer Film Festival.
Vancouver is no exception. From celebrated authors at the Vancouver Writers Festival, to internationally known DJs at the Contact Winter Music Festival, festivals in Vancouver have a lot to offer. And between the barbecue, arts, crafts, and family fun at other Vancouver festivals is the popular Vancouver International Film Festiva
- Enchant 3 Festivals, Food Trucks. 1st Avenue & Crowe Street. Granville Island/False Creek. “Anyone that knows me knows that Christmas lights are my jam. So the fact that this whole festival” more.
- Festival of Lights 16 Festivals. 5251 Oak St. Shaughnessy. “Absolutely incredible! If you're looking for a holiday festival to LIGHT UP your life (literally” more.
- Vancouver Fringe Festival 15 Performing Arts, Festivals. 1398 Cartwright Street. Granville Island/False Creek. “The Vancouver Fringe Festival 2019 is taking place around Vancouver.
- Illuminate Yaletown 1 Festivals. (604) 683-7473. 1200 Hamilton Street. Yaletown. “ the square is a canopy of strung blue and white lights (so pretty). All in all, the area is festive” more.
The major arts and craft festivals in this diverse and bright city include the Keloha Festival which also includes great alternative, rock and indie music, exhibitors villages, beverage areas, art installations, exhibitions, and so much more. Other similar events in Vancouver include Easter Craft Showcase, PUSH and Khatsahlano fest.
The following is a list of the major annual events and festivals in the city, but neighborhoods sometimes have block parties like the Vancouver mural festival and the Khatsahlano Street Party, as well as year-round (rain or shine) farmers markets.
- Sunshine Kessler
- SKOOKUM Festival. When: September. Where: Stanley Park. Genre: Contemporary. “For dancing in the rain and sharing in the celebration. In 2018, SKOOKUM featured 52 stage performances, including 25 BC artists and 14 Indigenous groups alongside some of the best art, food, craft breweries, and wineries in our region.
- Breakout Festival. When: June. Where: PNE Amphitheatre. Genre: R&B / Hip-Hop. “Founded in early 2017 by CRESCENDO1, the main focus of BREAKOUT has been to showcase Vancouver’s.
- Vancouver Island Musicfest. When: July. Where: Comox Valley Fairgrounds, Courtenay. Genre: Various. “The Comox Valley is well known as a destination for those looking to enjoy the hot summers, packed with markets, farm-to-table food and fantastic scenery.
- Centre of Gravity. When: July. Where: Kelowna. Genre: Electronic, hip-hop and rock. “Center of Gravity is Western Canada’s biggest adrenaline fueled sports and music festival found on the grass and shores of Kelowna’s City Park.
- related to: what are the festivals in vancouver canada