Through all four seasons, Vancouver's festivals and events celebrate every facet of the city from culinary and culture to performing arts and film events.
Canada Day Events in Greater Vancouver Canada Day takes place on July 1st each year and throughout the Lower Mainland there are usually celebrations of all kinds including pancake breakfasts, parades, live entertainment and fireworks. To learn about all Canada Day events and activities in Metro Vancouver, see below.
People also ask
Where to celebrate Canada Day in Metro Vancouver?
Where is the music festival in Vancouver 2019?
What to do at the Vancouver beach festival?
Who is performing on Canada Day in Vancouver?
- Granville Island. Granville Island Canada Day may be canceled for 2020. Check the official event webpage for the most up-to-date information. Granville Island's huge Canada Day celebration includes a Canada Day Parade, an official Canada Day Ceremony with cake, tasty food options from food trucks to restaurants, live music, art, and entertaining performers, and a multicultural fair.
- Waterfront Party at Canada Place. The Canada Place celebration is canceled for 2020. Canada Place hosts Downtown Vancouver's biggest Canada Day celebration with a free waterfront party that includes live music and entertainment on three stages.
- Burrard Inlet Fireworks Show. The Vancouver fireworks show is canceled for 2020. Cap off your Canada Day celebrations with this pyrotechnic extravaganza.
- Steveston Salmon Festival. The Steveston Salmon Festival is canceled for 2020. Steveston, Richmond's historic fishing village, celebrates Canada Day with the Steveston Salmon Festival.
Vancouver International Jazz Festival From the 3rd or 4th Friday in June and lasting about ten days you can listen to big name jazz performers playing at various venues around the city. There is also a two day street festival in Gastown and Yaletown. For more information visit the Jazz Vancouver website.
Jun 20, 2020 · The large and colorful Canada Day Parade takes place in the evening through downtown Vancouver. This is definitely one of the best places to visit on the 1st of July. North and West Vancouver also have lots of festivities for everyone. Come and enjoy them all. In the evening, an unforgettable pyrotechnic show takes place.
Jun 27, 2019 · North Vancouver Canada Day Celebration Celebrate Canada Day at this free family event hosted by the Rotary Club of Lions Gate. The celebration will feature a diverse lineup of local performers,...
- Julia Piper
Find all local events in Vancouver including culinary workshops, entertainment seminars, concerts and cultural festivals during all seasons.
- Enchant 3 Festivals, Food Trucks. 1st Avenue & Crowe Street. Granville Island/False Creek. “Anyone that knows me knows that Christmas lights are my jam. So the fact that this whole festival” more.
- Festival of Lights 16 Festivals. 5251 Oak St. Shaughnessy. “Absolutely incredible! If you're looking for a holiday festival to LIGHT UP your life (literally” more.
- Vancouver Fringe Festival 15 Performing Arts, Festivals. 1398 Cartwright Street. Granville Island/False Creek. “The Vancouver Fringe Festival 2019 is taking place around Vancouver.
- Illuminate Yaletown 1 Festivals. (604) 683-7473. 1200 Hamilton Street. Yaletown. “ the square is a canopy of strung blue and white lights (so pretty). All in all, the area is festive” more.
The largest Bhangra Festival in North America, City of Bhangra Festival, takes place in Vancouver for a week in mid-June. This massive celebration will include 350+ performers and more. The festival often ends with a Downtown Bhangra (the biggest backyard bhangra party of the year), which features a two-day open-stage party with non-stop ...