- related to: what are the long term effects of doxycycline monohydrate
What are the long term effects of doxycycline monohydrate?
- Some of the more common side effects of doxycycline include: Doxycycline may cause diarrhea that may become severe. This may happen as long as two months or more after you stop taking doxycycline. It is important to tell your doctor if you have severe diarrhea.
People also ask
What are the long - term effects of doxycycline?
Does doxycycline cause side effects?
What is the best dosage for doxycycline?
What does doxycycline monohydrate treat?
- For The Consumer
- For Healthcare Professionals
- Further Information
Applies to doxycycline: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral powder for suspension, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral tablet delayed releaseAlong with its needed effects, doxycycline may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking doxycycline:
Applies to doxycycline: injectable powder for injection, oral capsule, oral delayed release capsule, oral delayed release tablet, oral kit, oral powder for reconstitution, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral and topical kit
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
- How it works. Doxycycline is an antibiotic used to treat a wide range of infections caused by susceptible gram negative, gram positive, anaerobic, and other bacteria.
- Upsides. Active against a wide range of bacteria including some gram negative and positive bacteria, anaerobes, and some parasites (such as Balantidium coli and Entamoeba species).
- Downsides. If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, take no other medication or have no other medical conditions, side effects you are more likely to experience include
- Bottom Line. Doxycycline is an effective antibiotic that treats a wide range of infections. However, it is not usually recommended for children aged less than eight nor in pregnant women in the last half of pregnancy.
Feb 01, 2021 · These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about ...
Feb 01, 2021 · Doxycycline may cause permanent discoloration of the teeth and slow down the growth of bones. This medicine should not be given to children 8 years of age and younger (except for the treatment of exposure to inhalational anthrax or rickettsia infection), unless directed by the child's doctor.
May 30, 2018 · You're pretty sure your stomach hates you. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or an upset stomach are common side effects of antibiotics, and doxycycline is no exception. That’s because the strong dose of...
Contact your doctor if you have diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days or if it is severe and watery. Do not take this medicine just before going to bed. It may not dissolve properly when you lay down and can cause pain in your throat. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medicine to also help reduce irritation in your throat.
Aug 16, 2019 · Doxycycline is an antibiotic that treats serious bacterial infections. We provide a drug overview, including its uses, how to take it, dosages, side effects, and warnings.
Mild side effects are experienced by Asian patients, in the form of changes in skin colour upon exposure to the sun. However, a severe side effect that affects all long-term users of doxycycline is inflammatory bowel disease. In the worst cases, severe inflammation causes the lower digestive tract to close, stopping blood circulation.