People also ask
What are Your Top 10 favourite classic rock songs of all time?
What were the Best Rock Songs of the 1970s?
What are the top 10 most popular songs of all time?
How old was rock in the 70s?
Oct 12, 2022 · Rock music was all kinds of ambitious in the '70s. Checking in at the very top of the list is Queen's masterpiece of pomposity, bombast and brilliance. It slips into about a half-dozen...
- Rock. It’s kind of hard to believe, but rock was nearly two decades old by the time the 70s rolled around, which meant that things had come a long way from “Rocket 88.”
- Music from Africa. There had already been incredibly popular music coming from Africa for decades, but the 70s saw a few singular artists emerge that would have an enormous impact.
- AOR (Album/Adult Oriented Rock) People often mistake softness for weakness. Listen to “Big Yellow Taxi” or “Deacon Blues,” however, and you’ll understand that plenty of the best 70s AOR music has a bite to it.
- Funk. It’s hard to imagine a more vital genre in the 70s than funk. Songs from Black artists all over the United States were busy soundtracking dance floors the world over.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen. Let’s start with one of the absolute best rock songs of the 70s. In fact, Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” is considered one of the greatest songs of all time.
- “Smoke On The Water” by Deep Purple. Deep Purple’s 4-note riff is definitely one of the most recognizable 1970 rock songs. The song was actually inspired by the smoke spreading over lake Geneva.
- “Free Bird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd. “Free Bird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of the 70s classic rock songs. By the way, the “Free Bird” solo has 8th place on Guitar World’s list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Solos of All Time.
- “Hotel California” by Eagles. The 1970s top rock songs also have to include “Hotel California” by the Eagles. The song is a title track from the iconic album of the same name released in 1977.
Sep 25, 2019 · The following is a list of the top 15 most played Classic Rock Songs: So who defines the parameters of this seemingly genre-free category? It’s actually you – the listener.
Feb 13, 2023 · These include Pentatonix (2017), Marc Martel (2018), and over ten other artists. Bohemian Rhapsody is among the best 1970s rock songs and has, over the years, received several accolades. These include Song of the Year (Brit Awards) in 1977 and Best Video from a Film (MTV Video Music Awards) in 1992.