Yahoo Web Search

  1. About 87,500,000 search results
  1. Ad
    related to: what does it mean to have 'odds' in writing
  2. Instantly Fix Word Choice, Grammatical Errors, and Other Writing Issues. Grammarly Quickly and Easily Makes Your Writing Better. Try Now!

  1. Answered 4 years ago · Author has 2.8K answers and 1.1M answer views. ‘Odds’ is a gambling term, where the prospect of a certain outcome is expressed as a ratio. Odds of 10 to 1 means that the assessed chance is 10:1 against, which means only a one-in-ten chance of the result.

  2. Jan 30, 2020 · To be clear in your writing, to make sure everyone understands what you mean, it’s better to describe the likelihood of something happening in a different way. Instead of saying the odds are high or low, you can say there's a “good chance” or a “high probability” of something happening if you mean it's likely.

  3. People also ask

    Which is the correct definition of the odds?

    When to use high or low odds in writing?

    How to calculate the odds of an event?

    What do odds mean in a sports book?

  4. Oct 27, 2017 · The odds are defined as the probability that the event will occur divided by the probability that the event will not occur. If the probability of an event occurring is Y, then the probability of the event not occurring is 1-Y. (Example: If the probability of an event is 0.80 (80%), then the probability that the event will not occur is 1-0.80 = 0.20, or 20%.

  5. When a point spread is attached to a set of odds it means that for the bet to be successful the team must ‘cover the spread’. This means that the team you are betting on must win or not lose by a predetermined margin of points. For example, the Chargers c ould have odds of (+4) -110 to win. The (+4) indicates the point spread, meaning the Chargers would need to win by 4 points for the bet to be successful.

  6. Dec 08, 2018 · It is the ratio of the probability a thing will happen over the probability it won’t. In the spades example, the probability of drawing a spade is 0.25. The probability of not drawing a spade is 1 - 0.25. So the odds is 0.25/0.75 or 1:3 (or 0.33 or 1/3 pronounced 1 to 3 odds). Moving back and forth.

  7. The odds ratio is calculated using the number of case -patients who did or did not have exposure to a factor (such as a particular food) and the number of controls who did or did no t have the exposure. The odds ratio tells us how much higher the odds of exposure are among case-patients than among controls. An odds ratio of • 1.0 (or close to 1.0)

  1. Ad
    related to: what does it mean to have 'odds' in writing
  2. Instantly Fix Word Choice, Grammatical Errors, and Other Writing Issues. Grammarly Quickly and Easily Makes Your Writing Better. Try Now!

  1. People also search for