People also ask
What are the best family friendly guard dogs?
What small dogs are good with kids?
What is the best medium sized guard dog?
What is the best outdoor guard dog?
Dec 3, 2020 · 9 Best Guard Dogs for Kids (2023) – Friendly but Protective Breeds! 1. German Shepherd. When it comes to the best guard dogs for kids, your best pick would be a German Shepherd. This pooch... 2. Bullmastiff. Bullmastiffs have an intimidating look that will surely make an intruder think twice. But ...
The good parts still lie in its high intelligence which...
- Are Basset Hounds Lazy
The Basset Hound loves kids so much! The thing that you...
- German Shepherd
FROZEN-THEN-THAWED DOG FOOD. This type of dog food went...
- Guard Dogs
The sponsor dog of guard dogs, you say guard dog, you...
- Akita. The Akita comes from Japan, where they were used for centuries as a hunting dog and guard dog. The Akita is a spitz breed, which describes a type of dog with a double coat, long tail that curves over the back, and upright triangle-shaped ears.
- Belgian Malinois. The Belgian Malinois is a herding breed that hails from Belgium and has been used extensively for police and military work, and is known for its fearless, protective nature.
- Bernese Mountain Dog. The Bernese mountain dog originated in the mountains of Switzerland, where they were an invaluable helper as a cattle drover, guard do,g and all-around farm dog.
- Bullmastiff. The Bullmastiff was once called the Game Keeper’s Night Dog because they were used to stop poachers on English estates. Weighing in at more than 100 pounds, the Bullmastiff could put off an intruder just with its formidable presence, but this breed is also extremely protective.
- Great Pyrenees. I would generally recommend families with young children avoid higher-intensity guard dog breeds like German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, or Dutch Shepherds.
- Boxers. The Boxer enjoys being with its family despite being instinctive guardians. Their craving for human affection, particularly from children, is one of the breed’s most noteworthy personalities.
- American Bulldogs. Known for their gentle demeanor and large presence, these gentle giants have the ability to integrate into a family setting seamlessly.
- Giant Schnauzers. Giant Schnauzers make incredible protection dogs, especially in houses where allergies are a concern. Their non-shedding and hypoallergenic coats ensure that you won’t have to sacrifice comfort for protection.
- The Saint Bernard. Despite its gentle spirit, this dog is very powerful, awesomely strong, and very smart. It would never waver in its devotion to protecting you and your family from threats, as it is very loyal.
- The Newfoundland. This dog is friendly with not only children, but also with other domestic animals. So, if you have got cats or other pets at home, the Newfoundland poses no threat to them.
- The Bernese mountain dog. This dog, like the Newfoundland, is gentle with children and tolerant of other animals. It is no doubt your perfect choice if you want a dog that is very gentle, but whose presence is enough to deter an intruder.
- The Boxer. A high energy but friendly dog, the Boxer would be perfect for families with older kids that are very active. Although not very large, this dog is a powerful protection machine in the face of threats.
- 2 Plaza Drive, Westmont, 60559, Illinois
- (800) 654-3933
- German Shepherd. There’s a reason they’re often used in law enforcement: German Shepherds are intelligent, athletic, and make you feel protected. Protection training will go by quickly with this breed, and you can expect them to be great for playtime with the kids.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback. Previously known as the “African Lion Hound,” the Rhodesian Ridgeback was originally bred to be courageous enough to hunt large South African game such as lions.
- American Staffordshire Terrier. Small but mighty, the American Staffordshire Terrier or Staffordshire Bull Terrier has impressive power behind it’s medium, muscular frame making them excellent at protecting anyone or anything.
- Kuvasz. If you’re in need of a sturdy working dog with plenty of energy, agility, and fearlessness, look no further than the Kuvasz. Any kid will feel like they’re cuddling a sheep with its all-white appearance!