People also ask
What is a PDF based extension?
What is a PDF file?
When did PDF become a standard format?
What are the different types of PDF files?
Dec 5, 2023 · A PDF file is a Portable Document Format that preserves the layout and format of a document. You can open a PDF file with any web browser, Adobe Acrobat Reader, or other word processing apps. Learn how to view, edit, create, and convert PDFs with this guide.
- Brady Gavin
- What does PDF mean? PDF is an abbreviation that stands for Portable Document Format. It's a versatile file format created by Adobe that gives people an easy, reliable way to present and exchange documents - regardless of the software, hardware, or operating systems being used by anyone who views the document.
- Adobe PDFs are secure. When you work with electronic documents, it’s important to make protection a part of your routine. You can password-protect your PDF files to prevent others from copying and editing.
- Integrate PDFs with other apps. We partner with leading companies so you can add Adobe Document Cloud’s PDF tools to the applications your teams already use.
- Scan documents to simplify your work. You can scan paper documents and forms to save as Adobe PDF and get smart files that are easy to search, share, and store.
A PDF file is a portable document format file that can be viewed, shared, and printed without editing. Learn how to open, edit, and create PDF files with various methods and tools.
Technical details A PDF file is often a combination of vector graphics, text, and bitmap graphics. The basic types of content in a PDF are: Typeset text stored as content streams (i.e., not encoded in Vector graphics for illustrations and designs that consist of shapes and lines; Raster graphics for photographs and other types of images
- June 15, 1993; 30 years ago
- ISO 32000-2