- Amoxicillin is an antibiotic used to treat a number of bacterial infections. These include middle ear infection , strep throat , pneumonia , skin infections , and urinary tract infections among others. 
People also ask
What type of antibiotic is amoxicillin?
Is ampicillin and amoxicillin the same thing?
What conditions does amoxicillin treat?
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic used to treat a number of bacterial infections. These include middle ear infection, strep throat, pneumonia, skin infections, and urinary tract infections among others. It is taken by mouth, or less commonly by injection. Common adverse effects include nausea and rash. It may also increase the risk of yeast infections and, when used in combination with clavulanic acid, diarrhea. It should not be used in those who are allergic to penicillin. While usable in those with
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Amoxicillin/clavulanic...
- Medical uses
Amoxicillin is used in the treatment of a number of...
- Adverse effects
Adverse effects are similar to those for other β-lactam...
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid
Ampicillin is an antibiotic used to prevent and treat a number of bacterial infections, such as respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, meningitis, salmonellosis, and endocarditis. It may also be used to prevent group B streptococcal infection in newborns. It is used by mouth, by injection into a muscle, or intravenously. Like all antibiotics, it is not useful for the treatment of viral infections. Common side effects include rash, nausea, and diarrhea. It should not be used in p
Jan 12, 2020 · Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria. Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infection caused by bacteria, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, or urinary tract. Amoxicillin is also sometimes used together with another antibiotic called clarithromycin ( Biaxin) to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.
In lieu of a more specific question, here’s wikipedia: Amoxicillin also spelled amoxycillin, is an antibiotic useful for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections. It is the first line treatment for middle ear infections. It may also be used for strep throat, pneumonia, skin infections, and urinary tract infections among others.
May 22, 2019 · Ampicillin is penicillinase-susceptible penicillin and is the prototype drug while Amoxicillin is penicillinase-susceptible penicillin but is a synthetic analog of Ampicillin. Ampicillin inhibits cell wall synthesis in the third and final stage thus finally causes cell lysis.
Jan 12, 2020 · Amoxil (amoxicillin) is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria. Amoxil is used to treat many different types of infection caused by bacteria, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, or urinary tract.
- How it works. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that kills bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of cell wall mucopeptides (crystal lattice-like structures composed of amino acids that make up the cell wall).
- Upsides. Active against bacteria that commonly cause ear, nose, or throat infections. May also be used to treat infections of the genitourinary tract, skin, or lower respiratory tract caused by susceptible bacteria.
- Downsides. If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, take no other medication or have no other medical conditions, side effects you are more likely to experience include
- Bottom Line. Amoxicillin is a penicillin-type antibiotic that only treats infections caused by susceptible bacteria. It is usually well tolerated.
Apr 14, 2020 · Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body. Clavulanate potassium is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that helps prevent certain bacteria from becoming resistant to amoxicillin.
Penicillin (PCN or pen) is a group of antibiotics, derived originally from common moulds known as Penicillium moulds; which includes penicillin G (intravenous use), penicillin V (use by mouth), procaine penicillin, and benzathine penicillin (intramuscular use).