Jul 12, 2019 · Our list of the 50 best historical fiction books includes bestsellers, bookseller picks, and award winners. Find your next historical fiction read! Here’s your all-access pass into the ultimate historical fiction guide: revisionist history, speculative history, and good old-fashioned historical fiction can all be found here, spanning Biblical ...
- The Nightingale. Kristin Hannah. Two sisters face horrific challenges in France during WWII.
- I, Claudius. Robert Graves. A fictionalized autobiography of the Roman emperor Claudius.
- All the Light We Cannot See. Anthony Doerr. This heartwrenching tale of World War II won the Pulitzer in 2015.
- The Twentieth Wife. Indu Sundaresan. The story of one of the most controversial empresses of India's 16th century Mughal Empire.
May 13, 2021 · Booker Prize 2019 winner Bernadine Evaristo’s back catalogue is expansive, and this historical novel is a must-read for fans. In The Emperor’s Babe, visit 2nd century Londinium and follow Zuleika, a Nubian woman in a Roman world just trying to survive.
- Pan Macmillan
What is Historical Fiction? - Definition, Characteristics, Books & Authors. Learn about a genre that takes our actual past and mixes in fictional elements. This lesson breaks down the definition ...
People also ask
What are some examples of historical fiction?
What makes a great historical fiction novel?
What are some examples of fiction books?
What are characteristics of historical fiction books?
Jun 01, 2021 · Historical fiction presents a story set in the past, often during a significant time period. In historical fiction, the time period is an important part of the setting and often of the story itself. Historical fiction may include fictional characters, well-known historical figures or a mixture of the two.
- Nikki Vanry
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. Time Period and Setting: 192os, Russia. Description: In 1922, Count Alexander Rostov is deemed an unrepentant aristocrat by a Bolshevik tribunal, and is sentenced to house arrest in the Metropol, a grand hotel across the street from the Kremlin.
- A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee. Time Period and Setting: 1900s, India. Description: Calcutta, 1919. Captain Sam Wyndham, former Scotland Yard detective, is a new arrival to Calcutta.
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood. Time Period and Setting: 1800s, Canada. Description: It’s 1843, and Grace Marks has been convicted for her involvement in the vicious murders of her employer and his housekeeper and mistress.
- As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann. Time Period and Setting: 1600s, England. Description: In the seventeenth century, the English Revolution is under way.
Nov 20, 2020 · The book club is SO much fun! We’ve been talking about co-writing a historical fiction list for quite some time and we’re so happy to finally share this with you all! One of the great aspects of the historical fiction genre is that so many of the books are ideal for book clubs—there’s so much to discuss and analyze.
- Traditional Historical Fiction. The traditional form is what is generally thought of as historical fiction. It typically has a historically accurate plot.
- Multi-Period Epics, Series, and Sagas. James Michener’s “Chesapeake” covered the history of a location from its Native American past to modern times. Norah Loft’s “The Suffolk Trilogy” covered the history of one house from the 14 century to the 1950s.
- Historical Romantic Fiction. An example of historical romantic fiction is Anya Seton’s “Katherine” about a real-life love story between the Plantagenet John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster and Katherine Swynford, Geoffrey Chaucer’s sister-in-law.
- Historical Western Fiction. These comprise stories about the American West. How they cover the subject matter has evolved since they were first written in the 1800s, shifting from an unsympathetic view of Native Americans to a more sympathetic perspective in recent time.
Aug 29, 2018 · Review this list of popular examples to help you get a better understanding of the historical fiction genre. 1. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens 2.
landing.bookbub.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
freshdiscover.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month