The seat of Washtenaw County in southeastern Michigan, Ann Arbor is best known as the home of the University of Michigan. The city, located on the Huron River and founded in 1824, is named for the wives (both named Ann) of its two founders and for its natural groves, or arbors.
Ann Arbor is a city in the US state of Michigan. It is the county seat of Washtenaw County. According to the 2010 United States Census, Ann Arbor was the 6th largest city in Michigan. In 2010, there were 113,934 people living there. The city is part of the Detroit Metropolitan Combined Statistial Area. Ann Arbor was started in 1824.
People also ask
What to do in Ann Arbor Michigan with kids?
What parks are in Ann Arbor?
Is ann arbor city?
What to visit in Ann Arbor MI?
- Ann Arbor District Library. Address: 343 S. Fifth Ave. (Downtown Branch), Ann Arbor. Phone: 734-327-4200. Hours: 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday, 9 a.m.- Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. Address: 220 E. Ann St., Ann Arbor. Phone: 734-995-5439. Hours: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.- Tuesday, 10 a.m.-
- Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra. Address: 35 Research Drive, Suite 100, Ann Arbor. Phone: 734-994-4801. Hours: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday (office); show hours vary.
- Briarwood Mall. Address: 100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor. Phone: 734-769-9610 (mall office), 734-761-9550 (shopping line) Hours: 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-
- Gallup Park. Ann Arbor, also known as the City of Trees, has copious amounts of space dedicated to parks. Few have such great spaces for kids as Gallup Park, though.
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. Learning and fun go hand-in-hand at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the human body and geology to magnets and technology.
- University of Michigan Museum of Natural History. It turns out you don’t have to be a student to enjoy some of the things the University of Michigan has to offer.
- The Cupcake Station. Downtown Ann Arbor has plenty of places to eat, but for kids (and maybe adults?) the real highlight will be dessert. The Cupcake Station has called East Liberty Street home since 2008.
Aug 15, 2014 · Ann Arbor is nicknamed “Tree Town,” stemming from the dense forestation of its residential and park areas. Though, recently the emerald ash borer has destroyed many of the city’s ash trees. 37. Ann Arbor is home to the Gerald Ford Presidential Library, one of only 11 cities to hold the honor of housing a Presidential Library.
Jan 03, 2021 · The city is well known for its beautiful downtown which offers an array of restaurants, shops and cafés. Best things to do in Ann Arbor, Michigan with kids include the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History and Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum. CDC information for travelers. Hours ...
It’s no secret that Ann Arbor is known for some pretty amazing food. But unfortunately, our four years here tends to fly by and before we know it we’re seniors (brb, crying) and left with a pretty lengthy list of “must try” places.
Pioneer High School is a public school in Ann Arbor, Michigan.In 2010, Pioneer was listed as a "Silver Medal School" by the U.S. News & World Report. In previous years Huron High School, another secondary school in Ann Arbor and Pioneer were among the largest high schools in the state, however due to the addition of Skyline High School enrollment numbers have declined.