- Belfast’s City Hall is the city’s most impressive landmark, and it’s a great place for you to start your day. In the warmer months, you can find cafés and restaurants in Donegall Square in front of the civic building. During the festive season, the whole area is transformed into a winter wonderland, with a Christmas market and decorations.
People also ask
Is there a Christmas market in Belfast City?
What to see in Belfast?
Where do we celebrate Christmas in Northern Ireland?
Is there a free tour of Belfast City Hall?
One of the better known annual vendors at the Belfast however is the “Meats of the World” kiosk selling wild boar, buffalo and kangaroo burgers. Anyway, Allan put together a full write-up on the Belfast Christmas market for those interested.
- Titanic Belfast. Built on the slipways where the ship itself was constructed over 100 years ago, Titanic Belfast isn’t just a museum – it’s an experience.
- St George's Market. For an authentic taste of Belfast life, make your way to the renovated St George’s Market. It’s in full flow on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings (with free jazz on the weekends).
- Black Taxi Tour. One of the best ways to see Belfast’s famous wall art is to sign up for a Black Taxi Tour Knowledgeable drivers supply an informative history lesson peppered with local tidbits, which reflects on both the city’s intrinsic traditions and tells the story of the Troubles.
- Ulster Museum. Gleaming from a multi-million pound redevelopment, there are marvels wherever you turn in the Ulster Museum, so give yourself the time to enjoy it all.
Mar 30, 2020 · Titanic Belfast – learn about the world’s most-famous shipwreck Everyone has heard the story of the Titanic – the famous ship which tragically sank on its maiden voyage. Well, this legendary ship was built in Belfast, and the city is home to the world’s most substantial Titanic visitor experience!
- Galway Continental Christmas Market – the true Christmas experience. The Galway Christmas Market opens its doors on Friday 15 November and will overtake the iconic Eyre Square until Saturday 22 December.
- Belfast Continental Christmas Market – full of delicious food. Overlooked by the City Hall in the heart of the city centre is the Belfast Christmas Market, which is underway until 22 December.
- Waterford Winterval – a Christmas wonderland! Waterford Winterval is, without doubt, one of the top Christmas markets in Ireland this year, providing a full month of Christmas magic, open from Friday 22 November to Sunday 23 December 2019.
- Glow Cork – a Christmas celebration. The Glow Christmas Market returns to Cork for this year. It will run on four different weekends before Christmas; 29 November – 1 December; 6-8 December; 13-15 December; and 20-22 December, opening from 12 to 8.30 pm each day.
Belfast City Hall offers free public tours every day. Led by an experienced guide, tours last around one hour and include the history of Belfast City Hall and its finest features. The tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mar 02, 2021 · Belfast, city, district, and capital of Northern Ireland, located on the River Lagan, at its entrance to Belfast Lough (inlet of the sea). Belfast became a city by royal charter in 1888. After the passing of the Government of Ireland Act, 1920, it became the seat of the government of Northern Ireland.
Black Friday Offers in Belfast. There are loads of Black Friday sales in Belfast across major health, beauty, technology, furniture and kids brands. Expect fantastic offers in Victoria Square and CastleCourt, and throughout the city’s shopping precinct. The perfect way to kick-start your Christmas shopping or simply treat yourself!