- Pop rock (also typeset as pop/rock) is a rock music genre with a greater emphasis on professional songwriting and recording craft, and less emphasis on attitude.
People also ask
Is pop rock a genre or a genre?
How did pop music begin?
What influenced early pop rock?
What is the difference between pop-rock and power pop?
Pop rock is a rock music genre with a greater emphasis on professional songwriting and recording craft, and less emphasis on attitude. Originating in the late 1950s as an alternative to normal rock and roll, early pop rock was influenced by the beat, arrangements, and original style of rock and roll. It may be viewed as a distinct genre field rather than music that overlaps with pop and rock. The detractors of pop rock often deride it as a slick, commercial product and less authentic than rock m
Pop/Rock. Rock & Roll is often used as a generic term, but its sound is rarely predictable. From the outset, when the early rockers merged country and blues, rock has been defined by its energy, rebellion and catchy hooks, but as the genre aged, it began to shed those very characteristics, placing equal emphasis on craftmanship and pushing the ...
Rock music. Rock music is a broad genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, developing into a range of different styles in the mid-1960s and later, particularly in the United States and the United Kingdom.  It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, a style that ...
- The 1950s. It began in the age of rock ‘n roll. In the ’50s, the music of the previous decades—including swing music and crooning vocals—was being replaced.
- The 1960s. Through its beginning, pop had been characterized by its largely teen fan base, and in the ‘60s, when the portable radio was introduced, it became even easier for teens to take their tunes wherever they went.
- The 1970s. Those subgenres of pop began towards the end of the ‘60s, but died out in the ’70s. In their place came the subgenre of power pop, a mix of punk rock and pop, defined by bands like the Romantics, and Cheap Trick.
- The 1980s. Digital recording became huge in the ‘80s, and the possibilities it offered allowed pop music to grow even more. Suddenly, synthesizers and electronic sounds could be put into pop music, and as this kind of dance-pop developed, so did genres like techno.
Country, rap, rock collide as HARDY and collaborators shift Music City's pop music culture
The Rolling ...a gas line. This caused the fire marshal to arrive at the scene. The incident delayed the event's start by two hours. Thankfully...encapsulates radio and honkytonk-faves ...
The Tennessean via Yahoo
2 days ago
Dec 30, 2016 · Rock music this year was defined by death, resentment, and baby boomers making one last grasp at relevance, which was most evident in a slew of memoirs by aging rock stars. Introductory offer: 50% ...