A size comparison of five of the largest aircraft: Airbus A380. Antonov An-225 Mriya. Boeing 747-8. Hughes H-4 Hercules. Stratolaunch. This is a list of large aircraft, including three types: fixed wing, rotary wing, and airships .
- Antonov An-225 Mirya. The largest plane in the world, only one of these massive cargo jets was ever built. Its first flight was in December 1988, and it remains in service today.
- Scaled Composites Model 351 Stratolaunch. The Stratolaunch is an unusual looking plane, with six engines, a twin-fuselage, and the longest wingspan of any plane in history at 385 feet.
- Airbus A330-743L "Beluga XL" The A330-743L, or as it's affectionately known, the "Beluga XL," is based off of Airbus' A330-200 airliner, but heavily modified to carry oversized cargo like parts for smaller aircraft.
- Airbus A300-600ST Beluga. The Airbus A300-600ST (Super Transporter), or "Beluga" is the predecessor to the Beluga XL, which is intended to replace the aging originals.
Jan 18, 2021 · The Boeing 747 has been the most iconic airliner the world has ever known. It successfully shrank the world, enabling more people to fly further than ever before. While the in-service fleet is dwindling today, over the years, more than 1,500 have been delivered to airlines.
- Airbus A380-800. The Airbus A380 800 is a passenger plane made in France with capacity for 853 passengers in a single class or 644 in a two-tiered class.
- Boeing 747-8. The Boeing 747 8 is a passenger airplane manufactured in the United States. It can accommodate 700 passengers if a single-class system is followed, while 600 seats are available in a double-class configuration.
- Boeing 747-400. The Boeing 747 400 is a passenger plane made in the United States by Boeing that has the capacity to accommodate 416 passengers in a three-class setup, 524 in a two-class setup and 660 in an all-economy cabin.
- Boeing 777-300. The Boeing 777 300 is a passenger plane manufactured in the United States with a seating capacity of 550 people in a single-class setup and 451 in a two-class configuration.
People also ask
What is the largest Boeing aircraft?
What is the largest passenger jet in the world?
What was the biggest airplane ever made?
What is the max speed of a Boeing 747?
The Boeing 747-8 is the largest plane ever built by the US aerospace giant, which makes it an ideal people-mover on a grand scale. But at least there are windows, observes a Boeing test engineer ...
Mar 22, 2011 · boeing-747-8-intercontinental-first-flight EVERETT, Washington — The Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental is huge. It is the largest passenger plane the company has ever built, but that doesn't give a...
- Jason Paur
- Stratolaunch. Empty weight: 226,796 kilograms. Length: 73 meters. Wingspan: 117 meters. First flight: 2019 (TBC) It has not flown yet, but the moment it does, the Stratolaunch, an aircraft project founded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen will become the largest wingspan aircraft in history, surpassing the Hughes H-4 Hercules.
- Hughes H-4 Hercules ("Spruce Goose") The Hughes H-4 Hercules only ever made one brief flight back in 1947. Empty weight: 113,399 kilograms. Length: 66.65 meters.
- Antonov An-225 Mriya. Antonov An-225 Mriya -- the largest aircraft by weight, length and wingspan. Empty weight: 285,000 kilograms. Length: 84 meters. Wingspan: 88.4 meters.
- Airbus A380-800. Airbus A380-800 -- the largest airliner by capacity. Operating empty weight: Around 277,000 kilograms. Length: 72.72 meters. Wingspan: 79.75 meters.
The new Boeing 777X will be the world’s largest and most efficient twin-engine jet, unmatched in every aspect of performance. With new breakthroughs in aerodynamics and engines, the 777X will deliver 10 percent lower fuel use and emissions and 10 percent lower operating costs than the competition.
The Boeing 747 Large Cargo Freighter (named the Dreamlifter) is a wide-body cargo aircraft. The 747SP production resumed nearly four years after the supposedly final 747SP was built, to manufacture one aircraft for the United Arab Emirates. It had a cockpit crew of two instead of the three-crew layout of other 747SPs.