A size comparison of five of the largest aircraft: Airbus A380. Antonov An-225 Mriya. Boeing 747-8. Hughes H-4 Hercules. Stratolaunch. This is a list of large aircraft, including three types: fixed wing, rotary wing, and airships .
- Airbus A380-800. The Airbus A380 800 is a passenger plane made in France with capacity for 853 passengers in a single class or 644 in a two-tiered class.
- Boeing 747-8. The Boeing 747 8 is a passenger airplane manufactured in the United States. It can accommodate 700 passengers if a single-class system is followed, while 600 seats are available in a double-class configuration.
- Boeing 747-400. The Boeing 747 400 is a passenger plane made in the United States by Boeing that has the capacity to accommodate 416 passengers in a three-class setup, 524 in a two-class setup and 660 in an all-economy cabin.
- Boeing 777-300. The Boeing 777 300 is a passenger plane manufactured in the United States with a seating capacity of 550 people in a single-class setup and 451 in a two-class configuration.
The new Boeing 777X will be the world’s largest and most efficient twin-engine jet, unmatched in every aspect of performance. With new breakthroughs in aerodynamics and engines, the 777X will deliver 10 percent lower fuel use and emissions and 10 percent lower operating costs than the competition.
- Antonov An-225 Mirya. The largest plane in the world, only one of these massive cargo jets was ever built. Its first flight was in December 1988, and it remains in service today.
- Scaled Composites Model 351 Stratolaunch. The Stratolaunch is an unusual looking plane, with six engines, a twin-fuselage, and the longest wingspan of any plane in history at 385 feet.
- Airbus A330-743L "Beluga XL" The A330-743L, or as it's affectionately known, the "Beluga XL," is based off of Airbus' A330-200 airliner, but heavily modified to carry oversized cargo like parts for smaller aircraft.
- Airbus A300-600ST Beluga. The Airbus A300-600ST (Super Transporter), or "Beluga" is the predecessor to the Beluga XL, which is intended to replace the aging originals.
People also ask
What is the largest Boeing aircraft?
What is the largest passenger jet in the world?
What was the biggest airplane ever made?
What is the max speed of a Boeing 747?
- Boeing 787. Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. Cruise Speed: 560 mph. Capacity: 219–318 passengers. Propulsion: Two General Electric GEnx engines.
- Boeing 777. Boeing 777-200. Boeing 777-300ER. Cruise Speed: 550-560 mph. Capacity: 276-350 passengers. Propulsion: Two General Electric GE90 or two Pratt & Whitney PW4077/4090 engines, rated up to 115,300 pounds thrust each.
- Boeing 767. Boeing 767-300ER. Boeing 767-400ER. Cruise Speed: 540 mph. Capacity: 167-240 passengers. Propulsion: Two General Electric CF6-80C2B or two Pratt & Whitney PW4060 engines, rated up to 63,300 pounds thrust each.
- Boeing 757. Boeing 757-200. Boeing 757-300. Cruise Speed: 540 mph. Capacity: 142-234 passengers. Propulsion: Two Rolls-Royce RB211-535 or two Pratt & Whitney PW2040 engines, rated up to 43,700 pounds thrust each.
- Stratolaunch. Empty weight: 226,796 kilograms. Length: 73 meters. Wingspan: 117 meters. First flight: 2019 (TBC) It has not flown yet, but the moment it does, the Stratolaunch, an aircraft project founded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen will become the largest wingspan aircraft in history, surpassing the Hughes H-4 Hercules.
- Hughes H-4 Hercules ("Spruce Goose") The Hughes H-4 Hercules only ever made one brief flight back in 1947. Empty weight: 113,399 kilograms. Length: 66.65 meters.
- Antonov An-225 Mriya. Antonov An-225 Mriya -- the largest aircraft by weight, length and wingspan. Empty weight: 285,000 kilograms. Length: 84 meters. Wingspan: 88.4 meters.
- Airbus A380-800. Airbus A380-800 -- the largest airliner by capacity. Operating empty weight: Around 277,000 kilograms. Length: 72.72 meters. Wingspan: 79.75 meters.
- Airbus A380. The A380 is the largest passenger jet ever built by passenger capacity, volume, weight, and wingspan. The 747-8 beats it for length however, as will the upcoming 777-9.
- Boeing 747-8. The 747 is, of course, the other very large passenger jet. The latest 747-8 is the largest version offered, coming in just over three meters longer than the A380.
- Boeing 777-9. As test aircraft are now flying, it seems appropriate to include Boeing’s upcoming 777X. The largest variant, the 777-9, will be the longest passenger aircraft ever launched, at just over 76 meters.
- Antonov An-225. Moving away from passenger jets, one of the largest aircraft you will ever see flying is the Antonov An-225 freighter. Only of these is operational, although a second remains partially built.
The Boeing Company – the world’s largest aerospace company and America’s largest exporter – assembles commercial airplanes and defense products and also builds aerospace components in the United States. The Boeing Company and its subsidiaries had more than 143,000 employees working in 50 states as of December 31, 2019.
The main factors are size of the aircraft and their payload capacity. This list do not contains aircraft that are currently under development of at the prototype stage. It includes only operational cargo planes. Currently top 10 largest military transport aircraft in the world are these: Nr.1 Antonov An-124 (Russia) The Antonov An-124 Ruslan ...
- related to: what is the biggest type of boeing airplane size