- The Senate is poised to make history, now, with the Equality Act of 2021. President Biden’s campaign platform heralded the Equality Act as “the best vehicle for ensuring equal rights under the law for LGBTQ Americans.” Its passage is a top legislative priority for his first 100 days.
People also ask
What is the status of the Equality Act?
What is in the Equality Act Bill?
When was the Equality Act passed?
What is the Federal Equality Act?
Feb 18, 2021 · Equality Act This bill prohibits discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in areas including public accommodations and facilities, education, federal funding, employment, housing, credit, and the jury system.
Feb 24, 2021 · The House of Representatives voted on Thursday to pass the Equality Act, a bill that would ban discrimination against people based on sexual orientation and gender identity. It would also...
- Danielle Kurtzleben
Feb 18, 2021 · H.R.5 - Equality Act 117th Congress (2021-2022) | Bill Hide Overview . Sponsor: ... 1985) or any other law, including a Federal law amended by the Equality Act, ...
- The Equality Act Simply Punishes Discrimination Against People Who Identify as Gay or Transgender. Fact: The Equality Act—introduced as H.R. 5 in the House of Representatives on February 18, 2021—makes mainstream beliefs about marriage, as well as basic biological facts about sex differences, punishable under the law.
- The Equality Act Preserves Religious Freedom. Fact: The Equality Act guts the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and threatens constitutional freedoms by eliminating conscience protections from the Civil Rights Act.
- The Equality Act Does Not Expand the Scope of Federal Civil Rights Law. Fact: By expanding the definition of “public accommodations” under Title II of the Civil Rights Act to include “any establishment that provides a good, service, or program, including a store, shopping center, online retailer or service provider, salon, bank, gas station, food bank, service or care center, shelter, travel agency, or funeral parlor, or establishment that provides health care, accounting, or legal services,” many more individuals and establishments would, in fact, become liable to discrimination claims, including doctors who do not want to perform abortions.
- The Equality Act Is Irrelevant to Abortion. Fact: H.R. 5 endangers unborn children. The Equality Act opens the door to taxpayer funding for elective abortions, which the vast majority of Americans oppose, regardless of political affiliation.
Mar 15, 2021 · The Equality Act amends Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include sex and SOGI, meaning that LGBTQ people and women would be protected from discrimination, mistreatment, or refusal by any...
Feb 25, 2021 · (CNN) The House has passed the Equality Act, which would amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act to protect people from being discriminated based on sexual orientation and gender identity in employment,...
Feb 25, 2021 · The Equality Act would be the most pro-abortion bill ever passed by Congress. H.R. 5 would redefine the term “sex” to also include “pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition.” This language would roll back federal law that protects the consciences of pro-life nurses and physicians who object to participating in abortions ...
Mar 04, 2021 · The Equality Act is also an attack on all citizens who hold a biblical view of creation and the human person. It does so by elevating sexual orientation and gender identity to the status of a “protected class” in Federal non-discrimination law.
- Fred Hinz