May 15, 2019 · The companies on the 2019 Forbes Global 2000 list account for more than $40 trillion in revenue this year and more than $186 million in global assets. ... of the world's largest public companies ...
Forbes' annual ranking of the world's largest public companies is a reflection of the state of the global economy today: who's on top, who's growing, and who's seen better days.
- Apple Inc. is currently the biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $2.266 trillion. (Source: Koyfin) Apple Inc., once known as Apple Computer Company, is a tech corporation established in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
- Saudi Aramco is the second biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $2.028 trillion. Saudi Aramco manages over one hundred oil and gas fields in Saudi Arabia and has the second-largest proven crude oil reserves.
- Microsoft Corporation is the third biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $1.806 trillion. Microsoft was founded in April 1975 by Harvard College students Bill Gates and Paul Allen.
- Amazon is the fourth biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $1.696 trillion. Amazon.com is an e-commerce corporation based in Seattle, Washington.
People also ask
What are the largest public companies in the US?
What are the biggest corporations in the US?
What are the top 10 richest companies in the world?
What is the richest company?
List of public corporations by market capitalization. The following is a list of publicly traded companies having the greatest market capitalization. Market capitalization is calculated from the share price (as recorded on selected day) multiplied by the number of outstanding shares. Figures are converted into USD millions (using rate from ...
Jul 08, 2019 · Microsoft had a market capitalization of US$ 904.86 billion for the first quarter of 2019, ranking as the largest company in the world. Microsoft is a multinational technology company based in Redmond, Washington, USA, but has operations worldwide.
Feb 06, 2019 · Apple has reclaimed the title of most valuable public company in the world. The company surpassed Microsoft and Amazon Wednesday with a market capitalization of $821.59 billion. Microsoft ended the...
- Lauren Feiner
The 500 top firms in 2019 beat performance records with combined revenues of $33.3 trillion (up 2% from 2018), with Walmart claiming the title of the largest company by revenue for the seventh consecutive year.
- Amazon (AMZN): Nasdaq‑listed Amazon launched in 1995 as an online bookseller and has since diversified to become the largest U.S. Internet-based retailer of a wide swath of products.
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL): The Internet search giant is the world leader in search, contextual advertising, and other online offerings. NASDAQ‑listed Google had a market cap of $964.51 billion on June 30, 2020.
- Facebook (FB): NASDAQ‑listed Facebook is the world's most popular social networking site. In Oct. 2014, it acquired WhatsApp for a whopping $19 billion and has also made many other relatively smaller acquisitions.
- Tencent Holdings: Based in China, the Hong Kong Stock Exchange-listed Tencent Holdings isn't yet a household name outside of Asia, where it is known for its apps, online games, advertising, and messaging services like WeChat.
We teamed up with Qlik, the Official Analytics Partner of the Fortune 500, to bring to life the shifting fortunes of iconic companies and sectors in an interactive data visualization.