- Apple Inc. is currently the biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $2.266 trillion.
People also ask
What are the largest public companies in the US?
What are the biggest corporations in the US?
What are the top 10 richest companies in the world?
What is the richest company?
May 07, 2021 · Take a look below and find out which companies made our list: Top 5 Largest Public Companies. Let’s start with the giants! All but one of these companies are based in the US. 1. Apple Inc. is currently the biggest company in the world, with a market cap of $2.266 trillion. (Source: Koyfin)
Forbes' annual ranking of the world's largest public companies is a reflection of the state of the global economy today: who's on top, who's growing, and who's seen better days.
Jun 10, 2021 · PwC ranked the largest publicly-traded companies by their market capitalization in U.S. dollars. It’s also worth noting that sector classification is based on the FTSE Russell Industry Classification Benchmark, and a company’s location is based on where its headquarters are located.
- Walmart Inc. (WMT) Revenue (TTM): $542.0 billion. Net Income (TTM): $17.9 billion. Market Cap: $392.8 billion. 1-Year Trailing Total Return: 22.4% Exchange: New York Stock Exchange.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (SNP) Revenue (TTM): $355.8 billion. Net Income (TTM): $486.6 million. Market Cap: $53.5 billion. 1-Year Trailing Total Return: -21.7%
- Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) Revenue (TTM): $321.8 billion. Net Income (TTM): $13.2 billion. Market Cap: $1.6 trillion. 1-Year Trailing Total Return: 78.5% Exchange: NASDAQ.
- PetroChina Co. Ltd. (PTR) Revenue (TTM): $320.0 billion. Net Income (TTM): -$1.8 billion. Market Cap: $59.2 billion. 1-Year Trailing Total Return: -34.8% Exchange: New York Stock Exchange.
This list comprises the world's largest companies by consolidated 2020 revenue, according to the Fortune Global 500 latest tally published on August 10, 2020. American retail corporation Walmart has been the world's largest company by revenue since 2014. The list is limited to the top 50 companies, all of which have annual revenues exceeding US$123 billion. Only companies that publish financial data and report figures to a government agency are included. Therefore, this list is incomplete.
- JPMorgan Chase. Rounding out this list is yet another financial services and banking behemoth. Coming in as the largest public company in the US is JPMorgan Chase.
- Bank of America. The financial sector shows up again and again on this list and for good reason, considering how much money flows through the sector. Bank of America is one of the big players in this industry, operating all around the world and servicing about 10% of all American bank deposits.
- Apple. Like Microsoft, this is another company that has become a household name, and whose original founder is famously known as a visionary. Apple as a tech company provides software and online services in addition to producing sleekly designed consumer electronics.
- Wells Fargo. Like other entries on this list, this is a corporation that works in the high-earning industry of banking, financial services, and insurance.
We teamed up with Qlik, the Official Analytics Partner of the Fortune 500, to bring to life the shifting fortunes of iconic companies and sectors in an interactive data visualization.
- Microsoft ($561.13 Billion Market Cap): Technology.
- Amazon ($474.41 Billion Market Cap): Technology. Today, it seems as if hardly a time goes by before Amazon’s name is mentioned in the news. The ecommerce giant has disrupted traditional retail as we know, made shopping more convenient than ever, and claims roots back to Seattle.
- Starbucks($80.05 Billion Market Cap): Consumer Services. If Seattle is known for one thing, it is its undying love for coffee. With its first location in the iconic Pike Place Market, Starbucks burgeoned into a global coffeehouse chain, expanding to 75 countries with over 26,000 stores.
- Costco Wholesale ($68.61 Billion Market Cap): Retail. Costco is the largest American membership-only warehouse club in the world, and it is fortunate that the very first warehouse was founded here in Seattle in 1983.