Things to Do in Naples, Italy: See Tripadvisor's 1,027,971 traveler reviews and photos of Naples tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in April. We have reviews of the best places to see in Naples. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Naples port is one of the most important in the Mediterranean and the city has one of the largest economies in Italy. Due to the extensive history of this region, Naples is full of historical buildings, squares and churches plus a host of modern amenities and fantastic nightlife opportunities.
People also ask
What are the tourist attractions in Naples Italy?
What is the food of Naples Italy?
What is the most famous place in Italy?
What is the main square in Naples Italy?
- Free, Neighborhood/Area, Sightseeing. Less than 1 hour.
- Museums, Sightseeing. 1 to 2 hours. The highlight of the Museo Cappella Sansevero is the "Veiled Christ," a statue created by the Neapolitan artist Giuseppe Sanmartino in 1753.
- Churches/Religious Sites, Sightseeing. 2 hours to Half Day.
- Tours, Sightseeing. 1 to 2 hours. The Catacombe di San Gennaro date back to the second century, but they became a pilgrimage site in the fifth century when San Gennaro – the patron saint who lends his name to the catacombs – was laid to rest here.
3. Stefania, the tour guide, was very enthusiastic, had a great sense of humor and gave a very interesting tour.
- Chiostri di Santa Chiara. Behind the restored Gothic basilica of the same name, you’ll find this network of cloisters belonging to the closed order of Santa Chiara.
- Via San Gregorio Armeno. The city’s most famous alleyway, dedicated to the selling of kitsch nativity souvenirs. Why go? Sneak away from the crowds into the hidden cloister of the San Gregorio Armeno church, with its grand 17th-century enclosed garden filled with citrus trees.
- Castel Sant’Elmo. Though you’re not likely to need to use the metro during your visit, it’s worth seeking out the funicular lines that shunt residents up to the hilly suburbs.
- Via dei Tribunali. One of the few things all Neapolitans can agree on is that the best pizza can be found on Via Tribunali. You can get the signature fluffy, charred dough anywhere along ‘Pizza Alley’, but if you have the patience to queue for Sorbillo, this Rolls Royce of pizza restaurants really shouldn’t be missed.
Jul 07, 2016 · Napoli Sotterranea—Underground Naples—is one of the most intriguing tours of any European city. At Piazza San Gaetano 68, an immense entrance opens up like a mouth to the underground area. You go 130 feet beneath the city, where over 2,000 years ago people excavated the tuff used to build Naples.
- Rome. Rome (Roma) is the capital of Italy and most likely, your first stop in the country. Rome offers a dazzling variety of sights and experiences. At every turn, you'll discover ancient monuments, ornate medieval and Baroque churches, beautiful fountains, art-filled museums, and Renaissance palaces.
- Venice. Unlike anyplace else in the world, Venice (Venezia) is a unique city built on over the water in the middle of a lagoon. Venice is one of Italy's most beautiful and romantic cities as well as one of the most popular for visitors to Italy.
- Florence. Florence (Firenze) is one of Italy's most important Renaissance architectural and art centers. Its Duomo and Baptistery are magnificent but crowded with tourists, as is their large piazza.
- Milan. Milan (Milano), one of Europe's wealthiest cities, is known for stylish shops, galleries, and restaurants and has a faster pace of life than most Italian cities.
Nafplio is situated on the Argolic Gulf in the northeast Peloponnese.Most of the old town is on a peninsula jutting into the gulf; this peninsula forms a naturally protected bay that is enhanced by the addition of man-made moles.
Oct 20, 2012 · Napoli, or Naples is my final destination before flying back to the States after two wonderful weeks in beautiful Italy. Located on the incredibly beautiful Bay of Naples and beneath Mount Vesuvius, this is a very large city, in fact it is the third largest city in Italy.
- related to: what is the most interesting place in napoli city