Dec 12, 2020 · Apple Music’s Top Songs of 2020 The most streamed song on Apple Music in India was The Box by Roddy Rich. The most streamed album was Please Excuse Me For being Antisocial by Roddy Rich. The most read lyrics were by WAP by Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion.
- Monit Khanna
- The Indian Express
- Shayad “Shayad” from Love Aaj Kal was the most streamed track on Spotify India in 2020. Composed by Pritam and penned by Irshad Kamil, this love ballad was sung by Arijit Singh.
- Falling. “Falling” by Trevor Daniel is the second most streamed song. This 2018 track was released as a single from Trevor’s debut EP Homesick.
- Ghungroo. This track from the 2019 film War was enjoyed by the fans this year as well. The dance number, composed by Vishal-Shekhar, penned by Kumaar and sung by Arijit Singh and Shilpa Rao, was filmed on Hrithik Roshan and Vaani kapoor.
- Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage. This track from the 2019 film Kabir Singh continued to be the love anthem in 2020. Composed and penned by Mithoon, this soulful track was sung by Arijit Singh.
People also ask
Which is the most popular song in India?
What was the most popular music in 2020?
Which is the most popular Spotify artist in India?
Who are the most popular artists in India?
Dec 01, 2020 · Amongst songs, 'Shayad' from Love Aaj Kal was the most streamed song on Spotify in India, followed by Trevor Daniel's 'Falling' and 'Ghungroo' from War. What's interesting is that both the latter...
- Akhil Arora
- Spotify. After entering India in February 2019, the world’s largest music streaming service, Spotify had hit 1 Mn users in a week. By the end of 2019, Spotify intensified its focus in India with various offerings, including a ‘Lite’ app, playlists catering to regional language music and listeners, and launching original podcasts on its platform.
- Gaana. Launched in 2010, homegrown music streaming app Gaana has been leading the market in India along with crossing a 150 Mn users mark in February 2020.
- JioSaavn. Following the merger of Reliance Jio and Saavn in March 2018, audio streaming platform JioSaavn came into picture to compete with Gaana and Spotify, claiming a 100 Mn monthly active users (MAU) in October 2019.
- YouTube Music. After entering India in March 2019, YouTube Music overtook spotify in terms of gaining quick popularity in the Indian market. The music streaming service recorded 3 Mn app downloads within 3 weeks of its launch exceeding Spotify’s 1 Mn users mark obtained in a week.
- Awara Hun. [embedvideo id=”VY1pWTek2sY” website=”youtube”] [embedvideo id=”aMfPWREf3Gc” website=”youtube”] Video: The song being sung in Uzbekistan.
- Mundian To Bach Ke. [embedvideo id=”jv85G519RT8″ website=”youtube”] [embedvideo id=”fUW8PTY2VXA” website=”youtube”] Video: Foreign fans dancing to the song.
- I Am A Disco Dancer. [embedvideo id=”7JdEZoffm-Q” website=”youtube”] [embedvideo id=”vZoJHoD7g7U” website=”youtube”] Video: A Russian fan performing to the song.
- Tunak Tunak Tun. [embedvideo id=”vTIIMJ9tUc8″ website=”youtube”] [embedvideo id=”PftcnRRAg0o” website=”youtube”] Video: Foreign fans dancing to the song.
Yes Jai Ho, Tunak Tunak Tun, and Mundiya Tu Bachke Rahi are a few of the Indian songs that are incredibly famous. But one song that does seem to be catching up, with even Hollywood A-listers giving their seal of approval lately is Mera Joota Hai J...
- Spotify. With a 15% market share in India, Spotify is nowhere near the top, but it’s arguably the best music streaming service in India. When Spotify launched its services in India in 2019, it had a patchy start and was embroiled in legal disputes with many music labels.
- JioSaavn. With a 24% market share in India, JioSaavn is the second-largest music streaming service in India. After the Jio-Saavn merger in 2018, the platform got a solid boost and now hosts a massive music catalog and you’re free to choose from and stream over 50 million songs, be it western, Bollywood, indie, or regional artists in languages like Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi and more.
- Apple Music. Apple Music does not figure in the market numbers, but it’s a solid music streaming service and one that’s constantly improving especially in India.
- YouTube Music. Coming to YouTube Music, it possibly has the biggest music catalog & there’s a simple reason for it. The service not just brings along the entirety of Google Play Music’s over 35 million song collection, but also gives you the power of YouTube.
Aug 21, 2019 · Indian Music Industry Stats: India's Digital Revolution By the Numbers. In 2018, India became the 5th biggest economy in the world in terms of the current GDP. It’s the fastest-growing economy out of the top-10, projected 7% CAGR up until 2023.
Dec 17, 2020 · This is a sampling of the 25 best songs of 2020. There is much much more than this—all of it mattered to the people who made it and those who heard it. But these are the 25 songs that really hit ...
#1 Spotify—The most popular streaming service. Kinda obvious to start with the most popular of ’em all and the one we love the most too. Spotify’s music library is over 50 million songs with over 20 000 songs added daily. Nice, considered the paywall of the premium membership is only 9.99$/ month high.