- Dexed by Digital Sub Urban (Windows, Mac, Linux) Dexed is a Free multi platform and multi format frequency modulation Synth which is based on, or closely modeled to, the Yamaha DX7.
- Surge by Vember Audio (Windows, Mac, Linux) Surge is an opensource Synth VST that sound fantastic and is probably the best synthesizer plugin currently available.
- Tunefish 4 by Brain Control (Windows, Mac, Linux) There are four versions of Tunefish on their website. Tunefish 4 was developed as a smaller replacement for Tunefish 3 with about the same power.
- Helix by Audjoo (Windows, Mac) Helix is a CPU-friendy, highly versatile Synthesizer with a surprisingly high sound quality. It comes with a lot of presets and built-in effects.
- Surge from Vember Audio. The Surge from Vember Audio is your very best synthesizer VST plugin at this time. It’s an insanely strong hybrid subtractive synth using a double horsepower motor, three oscillators per voice, eight calculations per oscillator, two multi-mode filters using eight filter kinds, twelve LFO modules each agent, eight FX slots using ten unique effects, and much more.
- DiscoDSP OB-Xd. Speaking of analog sound, DiscoDSP’s OB-Xd models one of the most sought-after instruments in analog synth history the Oberheim OB-X. This utterly free plugin gives you access to the lush sound of the OB-X in your DAW.
- Zebralette by U-He. Many readers asked us to add Zebralette to the listing, though it already contained a U-He (Tyrell N6), so here it is. Zebralette is one of the best free Vsts according to an oscillator module out of U-He’s flagship Zebra2 synthesizer.
- Dexed from Digital Suburban. After a few tools relying on subtractive synthesis, let us incorporate a pure FM synthesizer into the listing. The most refined free FM synthesizer accessible today is Dexed.
People also ask
What is the best free synthesizer plugin?
What are the uses of a synthesizer?
What are the themes of synth pop music?
What is mini synth?
5 days ago · HUM808 is a free bass subtractive synth VST instrument for Windows only.
4 days ago · Noizefield Releases Warrior FREE Synthesizer for Rough Electronic Music Noizefield and CPS Multimedia have released Warrior, a free VST synthesizer plugin for Windows. Warrior has been designed for Dubstep, Drum n Bass, Hardstyle, Rawstyle, Techno, Industrial and genres alike.
4 days ago · Native Instruments Form is a mighty sample-based synthesizer made for NI REAKTOR. But don’t let it discourage you because it works in a free REAKTOR player as well. Although it allows you to use only one sample source at a time, it has a very friendly GUI and powerful morphing capabilities.
6 days ago · FL Studio released a public beta which contained a new VSTi called FLEX (you can download it here). In the future, FLEX will be included for all FL Studio owners from Fruity edition and above. Image-Line is delivering “advanced simplicity” through the use of subtractive, wavetable, multisample, AM and FM synthesis that is packaged in […]
4 days ago · Electronic music made occasional moves into the mainstream, with jazz musician Stan Free, under the pseudonym Hot Butter, having a top 10 hit in the United States and United Kingdom in 1972, with a cover of the 1969 Gershon Kingsley song "Popcorn" using a Moog synthesizer, which is recognised as a forerunner to synth-pop and disco.
4 days ago · The Monkees – Their song "Daily Nightly" was the first known pop recording to feature a synthesizer, namely the Moog Modular synth purchased by Micky Dolenz, only the third to be sold commercially at the time.
- Gakken SX-150 MARK II Analog Synthesizer. This 5” x 6.5” mini analog synth is a good example of a small device packing a huge punch. It looks like a toy in a way, but it actually contains all the necessary features of professional audio synthesis.
- Korg Monotron Duo. The Korg Monotron mini synth is a classic designed pocket-sized synthesizer with a membrane keyboard. The dull blue color almost adds to the 80’s feel of it.
- Stylophone GEN X-1 Portable Analog Synthesizer. The Stylophone mini synth features a very unique way to use a stylus. There’s 2 membrane pads: the first pad allows you to use it as a keyboard, the second pad is a sound strip that slides between notes on a scale.
- Novation MiniNova. The Novation MiniNova Analog mini synth is one of the higher quality synths on this list, more suitable for pro level producers or beginners that want the best quality.