What is African fiction?
- African Fiction. Novels and short stories set in Africa - focus on those by authors of African origin. Score. A book’s total score is based on multiple factors, including the number of people who have voted for it and how highly those voters ranked the book.
This name generator will give you 10 random African-American names. The names in this generator are those that rose in popularity during and after the 1960s civil rights movement. During this period of time identity and individuality became more important, as up to that time pretty much all Americans shared the same relatively low amount of ...
Along with Abraham and Prince, other early African American names currently in the US Top 1000 include Alonzo, Athena, Daphne, Elijah, Isaiah, Israel, King, Phoebe, and Titus. Place names that were disproportionately popular among Black Americans in history include Boston, Jamaica, York, and Africa. Also included here are common names among ...
People also ask
What is African fiction?
What are some early African American names?
What is the history of African American literature?
What is the origin of African Americans?
African Americans, one of the largest of the many ethnic groups in the United States. African Americans are mainly of African ancestry, but many have non-Black ancestors as well. African Americans are largely the descendants of enslaved people who were brought from their African homelands by force to work in the New World. Their rights were severely limited, and they were long denied a ...
- The Color Purple (Paperback) by Alice Walker. (shelved 46 times as african-american-fiction) avg rating 4.24 — 586,390 ratings — published 1982.
- The Bluest Eye (Paperback) by Toni Morrison. (shelved 44 times as african-american-fiction) avg rating 4.09 — 202,216 ratings — published 1970.
- Beloved (Paperback) by Toni Morrison. (shelved 43 times as african-american-fiction) avg rating 3.91 — 368,621 ratings — published 1987.
- Their Eyes Were Watching God (Paperback) by Zora Neale Hurston. (shelved 42 times as african-american-fiction) avg rating 3.96 — 297,036 ratings — published 1937.
Beasts Made Of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi. Another YA fantasy by a Nigerian American author, Beasts Made of Night features mythical creatures made from sin. Taj is a sin-eater, indentured to a mage to slay the sin beasts. Most sin-eaters eventually go mad. Beasts Made of Night is full of political intrigue and injustice.
Novels and short stories set in Africa - focus on those by authors of African origin. flag. All Votes Add Books To This List. 1. Things Fall Apart (The African Trilogy, #1) by. Chinua Achebe. 3.71 avg rating — 329,103 ratings. score: 9,962 , and 102 people voted.