Together, Lafayette and West Lafayette form the core of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. According to the 2010 United States Census, the population of Lafayette was 67,140, a 19% increase from 56,397 in 2000.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette,_Indiana
Lafayette is currently declining at a rate of -0.72% annually but its population has increased by 5.30% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 67,140 in 2010. Lafayette reached it's highest population of 72,233 in 2018. Spanning over 30 miles, Lafayette has a population density of 2,406 people per square mile.
People also ask
What is the population of Lafayette , Indiana?
Is there a better state park in Indiana?
What is the crime rate in Lafayette Indiana?
What Indian tribe lived in Lafayette Indiana?
QuickFacts Lafayette city, Indiana. QuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
Indiana’s newest state park, Prophetstown is located where the Tippecanoe River meets the Wabash near the town of Battle Ground northeast of Lafayette. The park's landscape has been shaped by ice from glaciers, moving water, fire and human hands that helped maintain the vast tall prairie grass.
Lafayette-area historical tornado activity is near Indiana state average. It is 104% greater than the overall U.S. average. On 4/11/1965 , a category F4 ( max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.1 miles away from the Lafayette city center injured 44 people .
- Tippecanoe County
This state park is just a mess. I live in Lafayette and have come over the years. I wish I had better things to say. Every other state park in Indiana is hands- down better. Is is poor design? lack of the wow factor with the natural setting? a mix of everything? Honestly, it's just no fun to visit. Could they have somehow made the entrance more ...
- 5545 Swisher Rd, Battle Ground, 47906-8648, Indiana
- DT Kirby’s. An official Chicago-style bar decked out with Wrigley Field memorabilia. Best known for their Chicago hot dogs and enormous burgers, this bar has probably the best greasy bar food you’ll ever taste.
- The Elliott Hall of Music. Located on Purdue’s campus, this proscenium-style theater is massive. It has a 6,005 seat capacity, which is about 100 more seats than Radio City Music Hall in NYC.
- Purdue University. Trending. 30 Things You’ll Never See In Austin Again. The Lafayette area wouldn’t be what it is without Purdue University on the other side of the Wabash River in West Lafayette.
- Proximity to Chicago and Indy. Lafayette is right off the interstate at about 65 miles from Indianapolis and 130 miles from Chicago. It’s always easy to commute to some big city entertainment and getaways.
Nov 10, 2020 · This state park is just a mess. I live in Lafayette and have come over the years. I wish I had better things to say. Every other state park in Indiana is hands- down better. Is is poor design? lack of the wow factor with the natural setting? a mix of everything? Honestly, it's just no fun to visit.
- 5545 Swisher Rd, Battle Ground, IN
Tippecanoe River State Park advisories. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has adjusted services, events and operations to protect Hoosiers and prevent further spread of COVID-19. Please visit on.IN.gov/dnrcovid19 for a listing of what is open, closed, restricted and canceled.